• 100+ for sure....but I've never seen redline in 3rd gear

Votes: 63 7.1%
  • 120mph ish...and that was plenty fast

Votes: 117 13.2%
  • 130-150mph....so amazing

Votes: 377 42.5%
  • 161+ mph....wtf I was eatin up road way too fast

Votes: 179 20.2%
  • 175+ mph. Or redline in 6th gear... my visor came open..the devil himself waved to me

Votes: 57 6.4%
  • I really don't know...too scared to look down

Votes: 20 2.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Repost for the fifth time....

Seems to keep comin up in polite conversation so here goes....

So I pull beside this 09 cbr 600rr a couple days ago...nice bike ...so I tell him
Hes loving the ninja.. And asks how long I been riding...almost 2 months...he's been ridin for over a year

So he asks "what have you gotten it up to?" I tell him the truth.. 162mph

He's like wtf ...."I nevr made it past 120"
I cut him some slack cause he easily out weighs me by 75-90lbs

Disclaimer...I never speed on public roads ...it's dangerous reckless and stupid
I love the elderly

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
Repost for the fifth time....

Seems to keep comin up in polite conversation so here goes....

So I pull beside this 09 cbr 600rr a couple days ago...nice bike ...so I tell him
Hes loving the ninja.. And asks how long I been riding...almost 2 months...he's been ridin for over a year

So he asks "what have you gotten it up to?" it tell him the truth 162mph

He's like wtf ...."I nevr made it past 120"
I cut him some slack cause he easily out weighs me by 75-90lbs

Disclaimer...I never speed on public roads ...it's dangerous reckless and stupid
I love the elderly
that's about what my speedo read when me and you were... playing on that CLOSED COURSE. NOT on a public road. :yes

·
Registered
684 Posts
Speedo showed 163 with stock gearing. Had 170+ since and hit the limiter in 6th with +3 in the rear.

Obviously no-one's doing more than about 155 (if that) real world on one of these bikes whatever the speedo says.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
On the clocks I've had 165mph.

Like Alex says though, it'll more than likely be about 155mph.

·
Registered
680 Posts
~15k rpm (6th gear obviously), indicated was 180mph, based on my math and the gearing calculator, that should be 167mph

Up the front straight @ Road America

·
Registered
546 Posts
have yet to plop her into 6th when balls to the wall on the highway, but it said 155... seems to be my personal limit in anything, cars or bikes

·
Registered
84 Posts
i did 160 against a m6, crazyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
190.118 mph on a 1.5 mile course. 184.161 mph on a 1 mile course. 182.095 mph on a 1 mile course in a street legal configuration. All 3 650cc Normally Aspirated World Records through certified timing traps.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
190.118 mph on a 1.5 mile course. 184.161 mph on a 1 mile course. 182.095 mph on a 1 mile course in a street legal configuration. All 3 650cc Normally Aspirated World Records through certified timing traps.
^^^FTW^^^

·
Registered
894 Posts
just pass the 175 mark on the clocks down a hill with a tail wind just 2 days ago. had the camera on at the time to. it is on a track with cars coming the other way:devious

i would love to know the actual speed and would be surprised if it would be over 155. i am still on stock gearing.

·
Registered
172 Posts
158 on a return trip from riding with friends on back country highways in Kansas. I was amazed at how quickly it pushed up to that speed in sixth. Truely amazing machines these 600s.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Some people just have to go one better :laugh

·
Registered
628 Posts
go to somewhere like Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator and plug in the information. You will see what your speed is according to your rpm. The problem is most tachs are off from actual rpm on the bike. Some a little, some quite a bit. A data logger with a crank sensor will get you spot on. You will be much closer than the speedo though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
go to somewhere like Gearing Commander: Motorcycle Speed, RPM, Chain & Sprockets Calculator and plug in the information. You will see what your speed is according to your rpm. The problem is most tachs are off from actual rpm on the bike. Some a little, some quite a bit. A data logger with a crank sensor will get you spot on. You will be much closer than the speedo though.

I just am not that concerned with the top speed of this bike or how fast I have truely gone on it I enjoy lower speeds and twisties. But congratulations on your speed records landspeedr. It must feel pretty good to get that kind of speed out of a 650.

1 - 20 of 327 Posts