Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 362 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anybody with experience fitting a Bazzaz Z-Fi TC on a 07?

Understand from Bazzaz's website it enables traction control and quick shifting? Is that from standard, with no parts/sensors to fit? If so, sounds amazing compared to a standard Power Commander!

Do you reckon I would need a new map when taking the baffle on/off?

Was thinking to replace the airbox at the same time, good idea? Recommendations?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
bazzaz zfi

i know its gotta be on here but cant find a install for the bazzaz on a 09-12 zx6r.. can anyone find one?

·
Registered
73 Posts
On the bazzaz site, under educate, there is an install instructions tab. Go through pick your bike and boom. Downloaded to your desktop. Not hard.

·
Premium Member
8,203 Posts
Many of you are running Bazzazz systems on your ZX6-R's. We are fortunate enough to have EvilTwin, a Bazzazz rep on hand to provide feedback and insight to all of your tuning and generalized inquiries on the systems. Feel free to post up here and please, be mindful of the fact that he is very busy and may be delayed in responding.

Reactions: MasterTurkey

·
Registered
11,985 Posts
is there any advantage over the two bros juice box pro? i'm only interested in a solid map to accommodate for my exhaust/headers/etc. not really interested in traction stuff.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm thinking of going with a full system Jardine GP-1R in 3 months on my '09.What are the GENERAL advantages of the Bazzaz Z-Fi over my current PCV?Sorry for this noob question.

And looking into my crystal ball,come this May,2013,would you have the product available for my "potentially" new 636?

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Well I suppose I should probably subscribe to thread, lol. As MoM said, I am an R&D Tech for Bazzaz and can answer any questions you guys have about our stuff or engine management systems in general. I even wrote a short article on fuel management systems, the link is in my sig, so check it out because it answers some of the basic questions.
For all other questions, I'll get to everybody, but right now I'm on my phone, so let me get to a real computer with a keyboard.

Reactions: skoda

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Hi,

Anybody with experience fitting a Bazzaz Z-Fi TC on a 07?

Understand from Bazzaz's website it enables traction control and quick shifting? Is that from standard, with no parts/sensors to fit? If so, sounds amazing compared to a standard Power Commander!

Do you reckon I would need a new map when taking the baffle on/off?

Was thinking to replace the airbox at the same time, good idea? Recommendations?

Many thanks!
Our kit comes with everything needed to full use of the TC and QS functions. For quick shift you will need to install our shift switch and replacement shift rod, because any quick shift systems needs to see a signal from a some kind of sensor so it knows when you're trying to shift.

As for the baffle, it usually doesn't make a huge difference on inline four motors, but it will make some. If you're gonna install a different air box than stock, you'll def need to get a custom map made, so might as well make two maps, one for baffle in and one for baffle out.

i know its gotta be on here but cant find a install for the bazzaz on a 09-12 zx6r.. can anyone find one?
Like brettmvh said, all our instillation instructions are available to download off our website Here.

is there any advantage over the two bros juice box pro? i'm only interested in a solid map to accommodate for my exhaust/headers/etc. not really interested in traction stuff.
The Juice Box Pro is just a repackaged PCV. For more info on the differences between the Power Commander and our Z-Fi check out my article.

I'm thinking of going with a full system Jardine GP-1R in 3 months on my '09.What are the GENERAL advantages of the Bazzaz Z-Fi over my current PCV?Sorry for this noob question.

And looking into my crystal ball,come this May,2013,would you have the product available for my "potentially" new 636?
Read my fuel management article to get breakdown on what the advantages of the Bazzaz are over the PCs.

As for the 2013 636, I am obviously trying to get this in as soon as possible so I can make a system for it.

Reactions: natenkw

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Just curious, whats in the pipeline that you can speak of ET? Launch control, wheelie control, throttle control, leaning control?

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Just curious, whats in the pipeline that you can speak of ET? Launch control, wheelie control, throttle control, leaning control?
I can't talk about any new tech we may or may not have in development. You think Kawasaki R&D techs get to tell all their friends about the stuff they're developing? Sorry I'm sworn to secrecy.

Btw, what would leaning control entail? A steering damper that set the bike to the optimal lean angle in a corner? Why don't we just take all the skill out of riding ;)

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Damn, well I could always try. Hurry up and engineer up a launch control system that is at a decent price though :)

And telemetry.

With GoPro integration.

Yup, I think that's it.

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
I'll get right on that...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Anything going to be availible for the 03-04 models? Im guessing your running something on your track bike, did you take a 05-06 and just modify the harness? If so, sometime do you mind sharing how you did so, because I would love to get a bazzazz vs a pc

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Anything going to be availible for the 03-04 models? Im guessing your running something on your track bike, did you take a 05-06 and just modify the harness? If so, sometime do you mind sharing how you did so, because I would love to get a bazzazz vs a pc
I came in on a few weekends and designed a completely custom harness for my track bike. I actually had the kit on my track bike before I ever brought the 05-06 in to make a kit for it as well. The harness I used on my track bike is a little different than one I would design for a street bike; it draws power from a different source and the control unit is located under the tank instead of in the tail. So I need to slightly redesign the harness to make a retail kit. Unfortunately my boss doesn't want me spending company time on an application for a bike that is 10 years old because he doesn't think we'll sell enough units to make it worth it. So I need to get in here on my spare time and get the harness redesigned. The kit from the 05-06 could work on an 03-4, with some modification, and I would have to have a stock B model to see what needed changed on that kit.

Reactions: reed12b

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Oh if I need one I can get MoM's. At this point I just need to make a harness design that is longer than mine and draws power off the tail light.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Oh if I need one I can get MoM's. At this point I just need to make a harness design that is longer than mine and draws power off the tail light.
When you get it done I will buy it. And tell your boss he has enough money to take the chance haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
ok it took about 2 hours but i got the bazzaz installed. its the first one i have ever put on and the pictures on the bazzaz website had to be an older zx6r than an 2009. the only red and blue wire i would find was to the tail light so thats where my power is coming from. and the crank pos. sensor i hooked into the only 4pin connector with a blak and yellow wire. it lights up and ive rode it for about 15 miles seems to run fine. but if i hooked it up wrong would i get an fi light? just wana make sure i didnt mess up, thanks

1 - 20 of 362 Posts