Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 636R A1 in February with 3,200 on the clock.
I love it! It is superb and a keeper but...

I was wondering, comfort is a big part of the equation for me as I commutte on it (and have fun obviously) but how do the later B models and the two newer versions stack up for comfort against the A1?

Now when I say comfort I don't mean two people with luggage to the south of France, I'm talking an hour or two in the saddle wihout permanent damage, of a half hour in heavy city traffic without loosing the power of one's wrists (oh the agony!).

I'd be interested to here peoples thoughts.

Thanks
A

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I've not owned either, but in my casual observation the earlier models were much more comfortable. That said, you can always add taller bars to a newer model to help out with the weight on the wrists in traffic.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've got an "04" and have ridden it alot on the highway for some distance and have not had to much discomfort, albeit my old knees need a little break now and then. But hey!, its a sportbike, there not made for touring.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i ride my 04 636 every day and love it never had any discomfort i dont even rilly drive my truck any more unless im taking my bike to the lot to stunt

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys,
thanks for the responses.

As regards pics, here she is.

A

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn't know they made a 02 636... Nice bike:)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Stizo, good comparison.
A

1 - 10 of 10 Posts