Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read "Chapter" as "problem".

So I blew the ignition fuse (a 10amp) on my bike the other day, but didn't think much of it b/c it was the oldest fuse in the box, since I've blown all the other ones doing weird shit with my electrical components. But this time it blew 3 sec after starting the bike. So I switched it out with my spare (a 30amp, it's all I had) and rode my bike the rest of the with no problems; the day included a few more start ups and lots of hard riding.

That was Friday, yesterday I started the bike up, spare 30amp still in place, and began riding down my street, I turned right onto a side street and clutched in to coast to a stop sign, and my bike died; but started right back up. I got to my destination hung out then came home and replaced the Ig fuse with a new 10amp fuse and once again hit the road. Upon turning into the parking lot of the store I was going to my bike blew the Ig fuse AGAIN, while I was making the left hand turn. So I tore the seat off in frustration and once again put in the spare 30amp. I started the bike back up, shifted to first, then second to get across the parking lot, then it died again just like earlier when I was coming to the stop sign. Well I did my shopping and came back out, bike started fine and acted normal on the ride home.

I now have a 15 amp fuse in the Ig slot, and I took the bike out for a short run today, and it did give me any shenanigans. It sounds like another wiring problem but I have no idea what it would be except maybe my new starter switch?

Zoom, what do you think?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
dam your not having a good run latly mate i have know idea on the prob sorry

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It makes life less dull when your bike always keeps you on your toes.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
From your narrative, and considering the age of the bike, I'd feel you're having a ground short. Probably a wire that has worn a wee spot on an ignition wire.

Not sure, if it a constant, but it seems like the symptoms are associated with turning - as oppose to leaning/counter-steering.

It would be a bitch to examine all the wiring from the ignition, but I think that's what you might try next.

·
Registered
13,065 Posts
From your narrative, and considering the age of the bike, I'd feel you're having a ground short. Probably a wire that has worn a wee spot on an ignition wire.

Not sure, if it a constant, but it seems like the symptoms are associated with turning - as oppose to leaning/counter-steering.

It would be a bitch to examine all the wiring from the ignition, but I think that's what you might try next.
Lol....u really didnt read the whole thread, did u? :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts