Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I want to thank all of you who wished me well. The doctor and cops said it was a miracle I only have soft tissue damage and a fracture on my ankle. So I'm stuck off work for a week and can't stop looking for my next 2 wheels. I saw this bike posted up for $5,500 with 7,600 miles. I am only used to the 600 not the 636. Opinions appreciated. Note I'm not a fan of kawi green (hold off on hating trolls) so more then likely will be painting whatever bike I get either black or pearl white.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

Also side note. Once I get my old bike back I will be parting it out. Vortex rear sets ad levers. The lot. I need to go through and take out any damaged pieces first. Also reminder it was rear ended. So any tail items are busted up bad. Pic of accident below. PM me to look for requested parts.
[/IMG]

·
Registered
293 Posts
You can buy my bike in my sig link :devious

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I paid 1600 less for my 06 and it had about the same amount of miles on her

Talk that guy down and get that 636 and enjoy
Agreed. That's too much for that bike, man. Most intelligent sellers will mark up the price higher than they're willing to settle for, so on that note, find out what he's willing to settle for. Go look at it, negotiate, and get back on the road. Good luck.

And if the guy tries to brag about "Kawi green, excellent condition, low miles" etc, remind him that it's an old bike and that you can get an 07 or newer for the same or less that come stock with better suspension and brakes. It's a buyer's market, bro.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention that bikes on the island are higher. Actually the cost of living in Maui is very high. Food, rent, cars. Just to put something to compare to. Milk is $6 a gallon here. A big Mac meal at McDonalds is $9. Go on CL in Hawaii and look at the prices here. It's highway robbery I know but what to do.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I love the 05-06 636. I am even willing to do a straight up trade for my 07. I say get it man. My cousin lives in Maui and know it is expensive there. Good luck on your shopping for a new bike.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I think the green will grow on u. I didn't like my orange 636 at the beginning when I bought I told myself that I soon as I got home i was gonna take it apart and paint prep it for black paint, but now it's been 4 months and the color has grown on me.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Damn dude, didn't even know you were in an accident, sorry to hear that. Glad no permanent damage to you (or worse!) I hope it was the cars fault and you make out like a bandit. Was just watching your guys vids last week...u guys are fearless !!! Hope you have a quick recovery and find the bike of your dreams...and I hope we get the damn ferry someday so I can come run Hana with you guys. Aloha cuz.

·
Registered
916 Posts
glad to hear there's no major injuries.

that price isn't too bad, imo. i paid $4500 for mine with ~15,2xx miles. if you can get him down to $5200 - $5000, i'd say go for it. you'll love the 636 even more compared to your 07. basically the same body with more horses to push it.

any mods on it?

·
Registered
644 Posts
i got mine stock to the bone for 3500 with 11*** miles on it. Like Larry said its a buyers market, balls in your court. Im glad your ok man n hope you make a full recovery quick.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Get a 636, you won't regret it. Yeah those prices are high, but that's what you get in Hawaii, everything is expensive as hell. I bought my 636 in early 08' with 5.2k on the clock and I paid $5,250 for her. Good luck with every thing man.

·
Registered
216 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
got my zx6r 09 for 4500 with 5400 miles.. look around.. and don't be afraid to throw around offers. someone who needs money will negociate.. especially with this economy and winter coming around

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts