·
Registered
11,637 Posts
thank god for leathers.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
he would have been fine if his tires were warm... :laugh

also, as long as you have frame sliders, you can't really do any damage to a bike. actually they dont even have to be frame sliders, as long as they stick out from the sides, they could be plastic cucumbers. the bike will be fine

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
how many people use frame sliders on here?? none of my buddies use em

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
dont see many people around here up in the hills that heve em.prob a good idea if you ride hard you go down hard i spoze

·
Registered
900 Posts
I think he was riding like a twat, don't matter how warm your tyres are, overtaking on a bend like that on the outside? Everyone tends to cut a corner not go wide, therefore all the crap, dust and debris will be on the wide line. Don't like to see anyone injured, but that kind of move is going to get you killed one day.

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
he would have been fine if his tires were warm... :laugh

also, as long as you have frame sliders, you can't really do any damage to a bike. actually they dont even have to be frame sliders, as long as they stick out from the sides, they could be plastic cucumbers. the bike will be fine
this whole post was sarcasm...btw...come on people

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
........therefore all the crap, dust and debris will be on the wide line. QUOTE]

Yep.
Glad he was ok.
Yet just another reason for cagers to talk
trash about bike riders.
Just think about the story the car driver
has to tell all their friends and family.
"This dumb jerk came around the outside..."
:coocoo:coocoo:coocoo

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've used the quote on other sites but I don't think I have on this site...

We are all masters of our own destiny, what we do individually reflects upon us collectively. We nearly all like to ride fast and push the envelope of our skills, but when done on the public roads we then run the risk of pissing off the public. The public are all voters and the more they get pissed off with loud bikes ridden irresponsibly by twats the closer the day is coming when we won't be able to enjoy our bikes.

If you don't believe me Google Richard Brunstrom, this knob is my local chief constable, he wants to ban bikes from Snowdonia (North Wales mountainous region with awesome roads).
Just last weekend two bikers were killed and one seriously injured, this happened because one of the bikers was on the wrong side of the road when cornering and took the other biker out, this is happening more and more around Wales. All this is giving dicks like Brunstrom the ammunition he needs to restrict a bikers liberties and once that happens our days are numbered.
So the next time you go out, enjoy yourself but think of the consequences of your actions, especially if you are breaking the law...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Haha, I low sided into a gaurd rail on a fast sweeper the same way, though not not trying to overtake anyone especially a car. Exept I slid a lot further, lol. it wasn't funny then though.
And it looked to me like he came in too hot, then saw the car and panicked. I'm not sure he did that on purpose. Usually when I see someone in full leathers they don't ride like idiots. Always a possibitity though!

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hey I think I know where that is! Not so much at first but where he crashes looks like Mulholland Drive up from the Rock Store not too far from where it meets Latigo Canyon. Last time I was there I saw a nimrod on a Ninja 900 (this was around '86 or '87) and he did the same exact thing in almost the same exact spot. His bike got wedged under the guard rail.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Good thing dude did not get his head stuck between the post! That's how one of my friends died.. he was only going 45mph too. Guard rails are for cars not body parts.

What a jack ass.. even when I was young and stupid I never tried to overtake a car on the out side like that.

That dude just missed death.

·
Registered
450 Posts
this whole post was sarcasm...btw...come on people
It took me 3 weeks to find those damn plastic cukes...and now you tell me they don't work?

That's cold man....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts