• OTHER

Votes: 10 10.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Neither. Ebay specials :nana:

Because all these things are are rubber mats with bumps on them and 3M glue on the backside.

I wanna hear how the rocket scientists up in here say differently. lol.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
techSpec.

The snakeSkin is super grippy. A buddy of mine just bought a normal tank pad since the techspec center pad was pulling his jacket down. Also, the adhesive comes off very easy from the tank but not from matt plastic side covers. Meaning you can reuse and reapply the tank side grips but not so much the other pads.

The C3 is more street friendly, not so beefy between the legs as the SS would be and a little less grippy than the SS.

I love grip even when street riding so I love the SS. Only time I could think of it being in my way is if I was stuck in traffic or having a lot of lights to stop for since I need to pivot around the tank to the left to put a whole foot on the ground.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Neither. Ebay specials :nana:

Because all these things are are rubber mats with bumps on them and 3M glue on the backside.
This, 13 bucks with free shipping. Had stomp grips in the past, haven't noticed any difference in performance with the ebay ones.

Friend of mine just used left over rubber grip mat which looks like the stomp grip rubber which he used around his pool which worked well to.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Had techs on my gixxer for street/ track duty. Good but after awhile it got slippery. Have stomps on my zx6 now for 2 seasons of track only & peeled it on & off from 2 gas tanks & never lost its adhesive. Much more grippier then techs imo.

·
Registered
888 Posts
This, 13 bucks with free shipping. Had stomp grips in the past, haven't noticed any difference in performance with the ebay ones.
This dood right here is a wise man...and a smart shopper. lol.

It's just like paying $20 - $30 for a tank protector to prevent zipper scratches, when a cheap $2 version straight from China will do the same thing. Gear snobs kill me. lol.

That's not to say that a lot of high-end parts aren't worth buying, especially tires and suspension pieces. But save yourself some money on the simple stuff.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
I would of also done the ebay special, but i got stompgrips on clearance for 15$ so went with them. Super grippy...actually they destroy the inner knee portions of my jeans over months of riding lol. The two larger pieces on the tank havent wavered, they are on there pretty good. The right side on the black tank plastic has recently come loose tho. I cant really complain as my bike sits outside every day while im at work, rain, sun, and everything in between, but ill spray some more 3m on the and stick it back on there this weekend.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
If mostly street, tech spec all the way. It all track, stomp has some advantages but is very abrasive

Reactions: 636MOBIN

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I would of also done the ebay special, but i got stompgrips on clearance for 15$ so went with them. Super grippy...actually they destroy the inner knee portions of my jeans over months of riding lol. The two larger pieces on the tank havent wavered, they are on there pretty good. The right side on the black tank plastic has recently come loose tho. I cant really complain as my bike sits outside every day while im at work, rain, sun, and everything in between, but ill spray some more 3m on the and stick it back on there this weekend.
Damn dude get a bike cover from Cycle gear for like a dollar.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Damn dude get a bike cover from Cycle gear for like a dollar.
i ride it in the rain...every time it rains...dude. how is a cover going to help that? i guess sitting in the rain while im at work is much worse the riding it shitty weather conditions...

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
i ride it in the rain...every time it rains...dude. how is a cover going to help that? i guess sitting in the rain while im at work is much worse the riding it shitty weather conditions...
There's a big difference between being wet for an hour each way and sitting in the elements all day long.

AZX6R on here had his gauges all melt in the Az sun from that.

50 bucks right now

BILT - Deluxe Motorcycle Cover - BiLT - Military Discount - ExclusiveBrands - Cycle Gear

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
There's a big difference between being wet for an hour each way and sitting in the elements all day long.

AZX6R on here had his gauges all melt in the Az sun from that.

50 bucks right now

BILT - Deluxe Motorcycle Cover - BiLT - Military Discount - ExclusiveBrands - Cycle Gear
how about the water naturally evaporating in the sun vs being in the green house effect under the cover trapping the moisture?

also i dont think i have to worry about my cluster melting,

1. i dont live in satan's asshole(AZ desert...)
2. i have a painted windscreen.

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
how about the water naturally evaporating in the sun vs being in the green house effect under the cover trapping the moisture?

also i dont think i have to worry about my cluster melting,

1. i dont live in satan's asshole(AZ desert...)
2. i have a painted windscreen.
To each is own, just lookin out :)

I am fortunate enough to garage at home and work.

And Satan's asshole is pretty hot during the summer but it's just sort of room temperature during the winter :devious

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
understood, it was actually a serious question, i kinda wonder what the difference would be of having a soaked bike under a cover and having the water already on it trapped there, or letting it get pissed on until the sun comes out and letting that evaporate the water...hmm.

Also, yes. i know. i frequently went to Yuma, Az in the summer and winter both sucked ass becuase in the summer it was like 110 and in winter at night it feels like going from 70 to 30.

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I like the tech specs better than the other options listed, but I'm with the other folks who support the cheep ebay ones :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
understood, it was actually a serious question, i kinda wonder what the difference would be of having a soaked bike under a cover and having the water already on it trapped there, or letting it get pissed on until the sun comes out and letting that evaporate the water...hmm.

Also, yes. i know. i frequently went to Yuma, Az in the summer and winter both sucked ass becuase in the summer it was like 110 and in winter at night it feels like going from 70 to 30.
Heh yeah desert nights get cold. Yeah I'm not sure about sitting under the cover wet but almost anything feels better than constant sun UV ray exposure on your paint and everything else.

·
Registered
487 Posts
This dood right here is a wise man...and a smart shopper. lol.

It's just like paying $20 - $30 for a tank protector to prevent zipper scratches, when a cheap $2 version straight from China will do the same thing. Gear snobs kill me. lol.

That's not to say that a lot of high-end parts aren't worth buying, especially tires and suspension pieces. But save yourself some money on the simple stuff.
I really couldn't agree more with you, this is something I've been wanting for a while now but 50 bucks for a piece of silicone??? come on.......
By the way, do you know any good (aka cheap lol) ebay link? :naughty:

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I really couldn't agree more with you, this is something I've been wanting for a while now but 50 bucks for a piece of silicone??? come on.......
By the way, do you know any good (aka cheap lol) ebay link? :naughty:
I've had them in my hand or cart like 3 times and didn't buy because $50 bucks for that is insane. Then they tried to sell me a sheet of grip tape for $25.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've had them in my hand or cart like 3 times and didn't buy because $50 bucks for that is insane. Then they tried to sell me a sheet of grip tape for $25.
Well... 25 is way better than 50, but I think we could get even better than that, considering you're going to get the material to cut it yourself (at least that's my assumption).
I wouldn't be surprised if the same piece of rubber had different prices according to it's appliance...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts