Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesn't need to be mint or anything, but these seem surprisingly rare. Hoping someone has a leftover they don't need!

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
Doesn't need to be mint or anything, but these seem surprisingly rare. Hoping someone has a leftover they don't need!
.......... the tank on the '09 is whole, and made of metal. No covers to speak of......:O

Not like some other years where the front and back are split, etc.

·
Registered
537 Posts
.......... the tank on the '09 is whole, and made of metal. No covers to speak of......:O

Not like some other years where the front and back are split, etc.
Unless he's referring to the fiberglass cover that some companies make for the superbike race tail?

·
Registered
13,978 Posts
I'm sure if he's interested in us helping find what he's looking for, eventually he'll pop back in and clarify....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I guess I was thinking something fiberglass or whatnot to go over the tank. I am putting track fairings on it this winter and was hoping to throw something over the tank so that it can so be one color, as well as to protect it from significant crash damage.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yes, I guess I was thinking something fiberglass or whatnot to go over the tank. I am putting track fairings on it this winter and was hoping to throw something over the tank so that it can so be one color, as well as to protect it from significant crash damage.

Who makes the fairings you're buying? Motoxpricambi makes a superbike set with the tank cover. Think there's one other company I've seen before too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who makes the fairings you're buying? Motoxpricambi makes a superbike set with the tank cover. Think there's one other company I've seen before too.
I bought the hotbodies ones 50% off. I've heard they can be a headache but don't mind the labor.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I bought the hotbodies ones 50% off. I've heard they can be a headache but don't mind the labor.

You're tail unit from them might not be compatible with a tank cover with out some modifications, if you're able to find a tank cover.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You're tail unit from them might not be compatible with a tank cover with out some modifications, if you're able to find a tank cover.
Noted, okay. I'll do some more digging and see what I can find. Not the end of the world if I go without this season.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am also looking for one of these. A 2009 track bike I picked up has a damaged gas tank but it still functions fine. I figured instead of buying a new tank or trying to make this one look nice, id just get a cover.

They are hard to find..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I purchased this tank cover, and for some reason it doesn't want to fit at all. The fill cap hole seems to be off center with the front mounting holes lined up. Then for the rear, I cant seem to find anything to mount those holes to..

JD did you have any issues with this?

*** EDIT NVM. I didn't realize the race tail section on my bike had been damaged and repaired. The mounting points were broken off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts