Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a low-budget tank pack for shorter trips(mostly carried glasses, cell phone, cap, wallet) but couldn't discover anything reasonable apart from the mentioned brands.

Luggage Tank Bag For KAWASAKI NINJA 650R/1000R ZX 6R ZX6R ZX 10R NINJA Multi Function Waterproof Backpack Motorcycle Accessries|Covers & Ornamental Mouldings| - AliExpress
VikingBags Survival Series Large Black Street/Sportbike Tank Bag
https://shopee.sg/Motorcycle-Saddle...0-Z1000-KLE650-KLZ1000-i.170065545.7903445608
Waterproof Tank Bag Racing For Kawasaki Z1000SX ZX-6R ZX-10R ZX-14R NINJA 650R

These look simple to require on and off fast, they're not too bad estimated withholding a decent part of space. Trying to find one that won't cause scratches on the tank.
Need suggestion! Does anybody have any experience with them?

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have a bigger version of the real (GIVI) one. It works well and is on and off a lot and been thru dirt, dust and rain. Two things to be concerned about with this particular one. First China, second China. I would be concerned about the overall quality as well as the quality of the attachment ring on the bag. If you tend to overload a tank bag like I do, a lesser quality bottom could break down and let the bag sag onto the tank - did that on my CBR600RR. My current GIVI has done very well even though routinely overloaded but has held up well - except for the zipper.

·
Registered
14,626 Posts
Anything you put on the tank, will scratch it eventually. If you’re concerned, some of the 3M paint protection might be worth the price. As the amount needed for a motorcycle is so small, you could probably get some scraps from a shop that applies it to cars for a 6 pack of their favorite beverage.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Also, mine fits good in front of the gas cap in the indention on the top of the tank on my 2020 6R.
I've been using mine all summer with no scratches.
A sheet of clear vinyl from a sign shop, like what RJ2112 mentioned, is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I hate tank bags. The tank is where you rest your helmet on the straights.

Reactions: PhotoAl
1 - 7 of 7 Posts