Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im suffering with bad throttle response on my 2003 ZX6R (B1H) its always as if i pull the throttle back and it makes lots of noise but doesn't go anywhere, seems like its running out of sync!

Anyway so iv followed the procedure in the users manual, hooked up some gauges, warmed the bike up on the paddock stand, set the idle at 1300rpm, adjusted the center screw on the rail to match the highest vacuum of 1 and 2 to 3 and 4, then fiddled with the bypass screws and the dials are all in alignment with the same amount of vacuum... BUT it now runs like absolute crap.. :Oo:

So to undo my apparent mistake, i literally just set the bypass screws all 2 1/2 turns out, and then adjusted the center screw on the rail until it sounded like it was idling okay and what do you know it runs a lot better? :O

Now i am so confused, as far as i know this procedure is literally just to control how smooth the revs are, not the fueling as it is fuel injected.... so why on earth am i having this problem?

can someone enlighten me on the proper way to sync throttle bodies because it seems the manual is absolute rubbish and im used to doing carbs! :confused:

·
Registered
891 Posts
If I remember correctly you have to tee all your gauges together , hook to one throttle body and adjust each gauge to read the same. Then hook each gauge to its own throttle body. That is how a buddy did his, it came out pretty good.

·
Registered
13,313 Posts
Syncing the throttle bodies really only helps the bike idle more smoothly. It doesnt make much difference when the throttle is opened.

If the bike is makin a lotta noise but not going anywhere, it could be a worn out clutch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah I see so essentially, sync them one by one all the the same reading?

And my clutch is okay like I said it had improved since I turned them all out the same but could do with some fine tweaking!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts