Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many Sydney based riders are out there..... Could get a ride together goin? I know the south pretty well and am willing to show any newbies the way... Am also willing to be shown the good routes on the north and west side of our great city...... Let us know, could be good

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hey mate,

I'm based in the inner west and normally head up the OPH sunday mornings with a heap of other Kawasaki nutters... You're welcome to join us.

Conversely if we get enough, i wouldn't mind taking a look down south.

Mr Stompy is around the corner from me, and Sharki's also Sydney based - not sure where though. :O

anyway - just tell me where and when - i'm keen :devious

·
Registered
476 Posts
Yea, Syd... Western Subs Ghetto... ahahaha

Keen on rides but since uni started up once again and work... Time is a luxury... but then again they aint that important... might ditch them... lolol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey fellas, good to hear a few r keen........ Maybe a day or two notice and we could get together, got a few good mates I ride with and they would be keen hook to up with other riders too...(safety in numbers I say).

Not sure bout this w/end tho, going out to watch a mate race on saturday at the 'creek' in the historics. And Sunday.... well two days of bike stuff I might be stretch'n it with the missus... My normal sunday run is an early one, rollin at 7ish 'n' home by one, still get a few kays done.A typical run would be Peakhurst (home) through the Royal National Park then follow coast to wollongong, freeway to Albion Park, up the Maquarie Pass, then down to Kangaroo Valley, up the other side and over to Bomaderry THEN back again, all by lunchtime...I get my kicks and the wife don't kick me!!!!

So when we hook up, and you guys are up for headin south, we 're covered!
But as I've said am keen to do the Old road or Putty or whatever....

We'll keep in touch.... 'Baker' is a lifelong nickname, just in case ya were wondering!!!

·
Registered
894 Posts
We'll keep in touch.... 'Baker' is a lifelong nickname, just in case ya were wondering!!!
Damn it! I was expecting cookies... :laugh

And the next 8 weeks will be pretty much out for me... This weekend we have the Aus Superbikes at the creek, next weekend packing for the a big trip, then we fly to Brissy for the wedding, then 3 weeks in Europe, and back in time for the MotoGP in Phillip Island! :dowhat

but after that... :devious

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK you Sydney boys/gals........

Going for a squirt up the "Putty" 2moro morning (1st Sept)
Myself (Dave) on green 06 zx6.....with number plate 06-zx6 and a mate "Frosty" on a maroon 675 Trumpy.

Meeting at Mc Graths Hill Maccas at 8am and rolling at 8 15...

Heading to the "halfway house" for smoko then a few laps of the tight stuff, after that whatever....

Anyone welcome.................

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey, how was ure ride on da w/end? which rd did u take? I've been lookin 4 a zx636 so fingers crossed I will b able 2 join v soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After a very late change of plans, we headed south... Apparently the police have an "OPERATION SPORTSBIKE" going on up the "Putty", so Maquarie pass and Kangaroo valley was the route, and a nice ride indeed...... so you lookin at the 6, huh, which model?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I actually got a small ride in up the Old Road...

Magic day for it too! :hail

Welcome aboard Kat. There's a few 636's for sale on the other forum i'm a member of. I will PM the URL and let me know if you need a test rider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
thx 4 da welcome, lookin 4 03 model, I was worried I wouldn't hav any1 2 ride w as my old ridin buddies hav taken other rds since I last had a bike....... I've had a ride already & know its da bike 4 me just need 2 find da right 1 with a previous owner that luv da 6 has much as I will 4 da right $$. I'm goin 2 look @ 1 on Fri if its not already sold by then.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When looking, know its a buyers market .... big time, bargains to be had, for sure......... Dont get emotional about the sale, there's time for that later. I'd been watching the market from November to July and I can confidently say you have the upper hand as long as you are patient.... What you thinken of spending? Maybe an 05, 06 could be a possibility?

·
Registered
7 Posts
thx 4 da advice i've got lots of time 2 shop round but still keen on gettin somethin soon, I've had my eye out 4 over a mth now but I think a lot of sellers r askin 2 much, I hav a good feelin bout da 1 i'm cin Fri, can't disclose $$ I hav, would take da guess work out & maybe give a seller an unfair advatage, do u know some1 with an 05/06 4 sale?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Probably a good idea not to disclose. Na, dont know anyone with 05/06 for sale but a lot more stable for road use 'tis all, dont get me wrong I've spent some time on 03/04 on track and road, and I rate them highly(specially on track), but for the price difference I couldn't go past the latter..... I mean last month you could get a brand new 06 for 10 990 +orc at team moto, so 2nd hand sellers are getting smashed

Anyway, the"podium or hay bales" thing...... you raced?

·
Registered
7 Posts
its all a bit confusing................. its excitin while hatin it all @ once wondering if i'm doin da right thing payin da right price etc not gettin a bit of crap, no ever raced just like da sayin, 1 of my old ridin bubbies use to say it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
a little, my last bike was an R6 bout 2yrs ago which had a horrible death with a tin top hatch back, I used da insurance $$ 4 house deposit & thought bout gettin another bike 4 so long now that i'm actually doin it now I hav da $$ saved, I hav ridden since the accident my Dad has bikes but its bout time I got something that suits me more than da BMW.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey, cool dad, even tho it's a beemer.....Any injuries from the R6 incident? Well lets hope the right bike turns up soon..... So you Sydney based? If so would be good to get the Sydney crew together and get out there sometime, ah we'll see!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My pleasure, hope it all works out.... I think if you can afford it, it's the better "road" bike and a better package overall, in my humble opinion anyway! Good luck, let us know how you get on!

·
Registered
7 Posts
hiya, happy to report that a sale went ahead yesterday & i'm now the offical owner of ZX636 06

1 - 20 of 24 Posts