Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here guys an gals. I tried to look up relevant info but didn't find definite answer, so here it goes:

I have 06 zx6r, and just noticed that my swingarm is cracked, so I'm looking for a replacement. I looked up on my local craiglist-like website and found only couple of 07-08 swingarms, so I wonder if they're going to fit my bike. I saw couple of threads on this forum where guys were looking for an upgrade for their older model ninjas, and once it was mentioned that for that kind of swap it didn't matter if it was 05-06 or 07-08 swingarm, so there's small hope that it might work for me. I just want to get definite confirmation if that's possible. Anybody? anyone? :)

Thanks a lot in advance folks, cheers!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
07-08 is 15mm longer than the 05-06 swinger.

Direct swap may have to lengthen your chain. You will also need the caliper bracket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for reply, SSGSXR ZX6R! So in theory, couple more chain links and just caliper bracket(caliper stays the same) should be all I need right?

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Thanks for reply, SSGSXR ZX6R! So in theory, couple more chain links and just caliper bracket(caliper stays the same) should be all I need right?
Correct, the center shaft is the same, axle is the same, ect ect.

So just add links and get a caliper bracket.

There should be enough slack from the brake line to compensate for 15mm

·
Registered
6,525 Posts
if you have got an 06 why change the calliper bracket .....the 05/06 are the same as the 07/08........only difference is the arms are different lengths ......so get a link or 2 for your chain but certainly not a calliper bracket

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
if you have got an 06 why change the calliper bracket .....they are the same as the 07........only difference is the arms are different lengths ......so get a link or 2 for your chain but certainly not a calliper bracket
Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't 100% sure if they were the same or not.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
if you have got an 06 why change the calliper bracket .....the 05/06 are the same as the 07/08........only difference is the arms are different lengths ......so get a link or 2 for your chain but certainly not a calliper bracket
Yes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts