Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
i've heard good things about the elka and bitubo shocks if you're looking to get away from the ohlins thing. penske makes a good shock too, costs about as much as the ohlins though.

forks, you're either stuck with internals and a revalve, or going ohlins. unless you can find the uber rare bitubo or marrazochi (sp?) ones.

-:banana

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've got a Matris steering damper and it is the dog's bollocks. The suspension cartridges look superb, too. Would certainly be interested to hear how the suspension is.......

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
very impressed in the quality when i went to check out the supplier, 1,300 pounds, total supplied and fitted for both front and rear.

·
Registered
17 Posts
well i did have my rear shock for zx9r modified by WP-UK and its now for sale as i now have micheal rutters ex kwaka race shock fitted !!! lucky me eh.

and i also had WP internal and springs etc on the front forks, worked much better then standard.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got all the kit fitted a week before i go on my biking holiday in Fracce this year. over in the Alps. The kit is really great I will post some pictures as soon as i can I forgot to take the camera with me as they said i could photo the install. Left the rucksack behind "DOH"

I went down a road thats really bumpy that i know and it slows you down but it was like a new road you dont feel mostof them any more.

Top quality kit but you are not paying for the name. I wasn't sure i would notice the difference but i did in that you travel faster because it just feels smoother and soaks up the little bumps.

I also fitted a 170 Dunlop Quallifer for the holiday.Turns in a bit quicker but other than that no problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
well i am glad the new suspension fels good, remember to set it up so that u r happy with its hamdling, and the way to do this is always use the same piece of road, make adjustments of two clicks at a time try it and do that again until u dont like the feeling n go back , its important to turn fully out or in and back so u know where u began at, and write these numbers down as its easy to get confused after all the twiddling, and it is sooo important to ue the same piece of road to test the difference on.

ohh and happy to say my modified shock has now been sold to my m8 ed' for a oner as it fitted his zx6r J1 perfectly and he notices the difference without out even riding the neraly rebuilt/finished bike lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts