Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 04 636 I want to soften up my suspension I am on Isle Of Wight our roads are not the best to say the least .
At the mo I am running the bike as soft as it will go can any one tell me where I can get a set of softer springs for it the rear is main one that needs changing or a different lower link arm

·
Registered
253 Posts
Alternatively, rather than swapping just the spring, fit a shock from a newer ZX6R.

The cost will be virtually the same! 09-12 shocks are a great improvement and have high and low-speed compression damping, a decent low mileage one can be had for £100 or less.

Other people also rate the 05-06 and 07-08 shocks as a good upgrade, possible cheaper too.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Sorry to thread jack kinda but i was wondering who else sells different rate springs im doing the 09 swap to my 03 and need a spring for a heavier rider and the only one i can find is race tech

·
Registered
13,067 Posts
Sorry to thread jack kinda but i was wondering who else sells different rate springs im doing the 09 swap to my 03 and need a spring for a heavier rider and the only one i can find is race tech
Ohlins also sells springs. I'd check Penske, too.

None of these folks actually have a factory that takes steel in one end and spits out springs at the other, they buy them from people who do so. Finding out who the supplier is for any of the big motorcycle mfgs would give you a lead on finding the volume spring mfgs.... Showa and the like also do not make springs directly.... Find the source, you have more options on price. The volume mfgs make very little on each spring. Cut out the multiple levels of middle men, and you should be able to get what you want with less expense.

Just found these guys.... http://eibach.com/america/en/powersport/products/motorcycles

and another: http://www.traxxion.com/HypercoShockSprings.aspx

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Traxxion dynamics
sonic springs
racetech
ohlins
Penske
Eibach
and then numerous others

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
Hi I have a 04 636 I want to soften up my suspension I am on Isle Of Wight our roads are not the best to say the least .
At the mo I am running the bike as soft as it will go can any one tell me where I can get a set of softer springs for it the rear is main one that needs changing or a different lower link arm
what is your sag at now?
what is your damping settings at?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think my bike has Race tech now as it was set up for Donington . I am 13 stone with just me on it bike is all over the place having to shut down to lower speeds the steering damper works overtime. I take my son on the back 5 stone makes it better but still way to hard for the island roads. The bike is only happy when on it's side in corners i will say the island does have the worst roads in UK I think .
i just was thinking a spring from some thing else might be better ? or a different lower link ?
Sorry did not see your post at mo everything is wound right off a bit of rebound in the front and forks dropped 1/2 an inch when i sit on it bike goes down just under 1/2 an inch running BT's getting 1.5 k per set

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Check out RaceTech springs. $100 for a set from eBay

I upgraded my stock .85mm/kg springs to stiffer .95mm/kg

The stock 03/04 springs are loosey goosey

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I upgraded my stock .85mm/kg springs to stiffer .95mm/kg

I got to go the other way Joe my son can't keep his back side on seat and i have to ride it like a crosser with most of my weight on my leg's or it would naff my back .
When we take it to mainland it is fine still on hard side but you can live with it .
it just loves corners really sure footed better than my old R1 used to be but silly to have to back off on straights in fear of tank slaps and hurting our selves having to run damper on full all the time .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts