Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of my friends and I decided to attempt to set sag on my ZX today and it turns out I'm a bit heavy for the rear shock spring 226lbs 6'1". After turning the adjuster all the way down I was still setting in the 40-45mm range. Front came in ok although I'm sure real close to maxed preload. The bike rides immensely better but I'm trying to explore options on getting the rear closer to 30mm. Only option I have found so far is replacing the whole shock unit with an Ohlins but thats $$. I can't seem to find any manufactures that list a replacement spring for the 2013 ZX6R. Anyone have suggestions?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would think you could swap the rear spring for a stiffer one and still use the factory shock. Much cheaper than buying a whole new setup.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Some of my friends and I decided to attempt to set sag on my ZX today and it turns out I'm a bit heavy for the rear shock spring 226lbs 6'1". After turning the adjuster all the way down I was still setting in the 40-45mm range. Front came in ok although I'm sure real close to maxed preload. The bike rides immensely better but I'm trying to explore options on getting the rear closer to 30mm. Only option I have found so far is replacing the whole shock unit with an Ohlins but thats $$. I can't seem to find any manufactures that list a replacement spring for the 2013 ZX6R. Anyone have suggestions?
I believe the springs for the 10-12 should be the same as for the '13.... use this calculator to see what you would have OEM on a 10-12, and what it says you should have given your weight. Should be the same result, for a '13 as well I'd think.

RT - Digital Product Search

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the springs for the 10-12 should be the same as for the '13.... use this calculator to see what you would have OEM on a 10-12, and what it says you should have given your weight. Should be the same result, for a '13 as well I'd think.

RT - Digital Product Search
Says I need 11.64 kg/mm. Just so happens thats the stiffest they offer. Factory is 9.2 kg/mm for the 10-12. I'll have to see if I can verify that the 10-12 is the same and if so I have my answer. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah I would give racetech a call. Their menu isn't the easiest to navigate. I spent 10 minutes trying to find a 2013 zx6r only to fail.

I've used them in the past and been happy.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
As mentioned, check out both sites. They both have charts on your spring choice availability. I am surprised that the front is close and not the rear. Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts