Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Newbie here to the world of ZX6R and super sport bikes. Have recently picked up an 05 ZX6R and have an issue with a fork rebound adjuster pin that has fallen down inside the fork (sounds good, I know!!). See photos.

I have started a thread in Mechanical & Technical but not had a massive response as to how to fix it. http://zx6r.com/mechanical-technical/55517-rebound-adjuster-broken.html

What I really need is advise where to take the bike locally to get fixed plus a general fork overhaul. Anyone know of anywhere near Reading/Berkshire?

I don't want to get into removing the forks and sending them away to K-Tec etc as I have only just got the bike and want to get on with riding it asap!!

This place looks good but would rather not have to go quite that far:

ABOUT PDQ MOTORCYCLE DEVELOPMENTS.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Maybe some of the members in England will chime in with some suggestions shortly.

If in fact your missing the needle/rod get ready for sticker shock. Kawasaki doesn't sell replacements. They only sell them as part of the damper assembly, $350'ish US. You might be able to find a used fork for less. Maybe if you find a shop they might have some from previous jobs?

Not sure how the bike actually rides. I would imagine its awful with no damping from that valve. Missing that needle allows all the oil to bypass the actual valving in the fork.

Anyway, good luck with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

MTC are in Reading but I didn't realise this was 'their thing'. I'm planning to give them a call tomorrow.

As far as how it rides - seems fine to me (I'm coming from a well worn SV650 though!). Haven't ridden it since I turned the screw and it fell in the fork so no idea what effect that has had.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Thanks guys.

MTC are in Reading but I didn't realise this was 'their thing'. I'm planning to give them a call tomorrow.

As far as how it rides - seems fine to me (I'm coming from a well worn SV650 though!). Haven't ridden it since I turned the screw and it fell in the fork so no idea what effect that has had.
Let us know how you get on, info about shops is always handy to the forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it fixed last week. Turned out something was cross threaded (the cap I believe but I'm not going to pretend I understand how it goes together!).

Ended up using this place: Home Of Galloway Motorcycles

Must be new to the area as I have never come across them before. Very good service and more convenient than MTC (happy to have the bike there Sat to Sat, which means I don't need to get time off work). I'll be back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts