Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys

I own a 09 zx6r and I noticed a problem in rebound on the left side leg. So, when I adjust my suspension settings back to stock settings exactly how the service manual says, I notice that the rebound on the left leg isn't at the same position as the right leg and I push both side rebounds to the maximum until they stop and they're not at the same position and supposedly should be adjusted equally both sides at the 5 click clockwise, is this a big problem or is it normal and I shouldn't be worried? I think this is not like the new zx6r that have different functions at each leg, this model should be adjusted equally both sides because they are both equal. Am I wrong?

Thank you guys and best regards.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It's probably fine. If the forks have been removed or steerinhead bearings replaced etc anything that would require lossening the tripple tree or forks...it's really easy to forget or not get right the allignment of the adjusters.

I thought the same thing for a while on my bike...

its in your head. and you are doing it right...count click going full hard then back out the same number on same adjuster on other fork..then move to next. Even if your settings ar dialed in cahnes are good you wont feel then difference even if you are a click off between the forks.

but thats ok! thats just a visual thing. Your could rotate the top part of the fork tube till text is upside down..will not change the adjusters click adjuster.

That being said its MUUUUCH easier to set preload nut and visually settings when the forks are oriented at the same piont in the tripple tree.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
OP........... does one have more turns available than the other?

Likely someone was inside for seal replacement or oil and assembled them incorrectly if they are not at the same number of turns from full hard (lightly seated) to full soft......... 1/4 turn or maybe even a half turn likely isn't a big deal but more than that, caps need to be removed and reset properly

Reactions: Louis bradley

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's probably fine. If the forks have been removed or steerinhead bearings replaced etc anything that would require lossening the tripple tree or forks...it's really easy to forget or not get right the allignment of the adjusters.

I thought the same thing for a while on my bike...

its in your head. and you are doing it right...count click going full hard then back out the same number on same adjuster on other fork..then move to next. Even if your settings ar dialed in cahnes are good you wont feel then difference even if you are a click off between the forks.

but thats ok! thats just a visual thing. Your could rotate the top part of the fork tube till text is upside down..will not change the adjusters click adjuster.

That being said its MUUUUCH easier to set preload nut and visually settings when the forks are oriented at the same piont in the tripple tree.
Thanks mate for the information

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OP........... does one have more turns available than the other?

Likely someone was inside for seal replacement or oil and assembled them incorrectly if they are not at the same number of turns from full hard (lightly seated) to full soft......... 1/4 turn or maybe even a half turn likely isn't a big deal but more than that, caps need to be removed and reset properly
Thank you! I will get that checked when I service my suspension again. but does it make the bike unsafe to ride?

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Thank you! I will get that checked when I service my suspension again. but does it make the bike unsafe to ride?
I am not there to asee it, so I cannot say if it is safe or unsafe........... but likely it is just making one fork leg work harder than the other and having a minor negative impact on overall handling.........

but on the same hand, anyone so fucking lazy to assembly the forks improperly is somebody I would not trust with any mechanical anything, not even changing the oil!

Reactions: Louis bradley

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not there to asee it, so I cannot say if it is safe or unsafe........... but likely it is just making one fork leg work harder than the other and having a minor negative impact on overall handling.........

but on the same hand, anyone so fucking lazy to assembly the forks improperly is somebody I would not trust with any mechanical anything, not even changing the oil!
You are completely right ! Im always trying to find the best mechanic :)

·
Registered
14,311 Posts
You are completely right ! Im always trying to find the best mechanic :)
You already know the mechanic you can trust the most.... just look in the mirror. Learn how to do the job yourself. Then you know who to blame, as well as who to pat on the back!

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
You already know the mechanic you can trust the most.... just look in the mirror. Learn how to do the job yourself. Then you know who to blame, as well as who to pat on the back!
nah......... the mechanic to trust the most already chimed in on this thread on post 3,6 and 9.........

Reactions: RJ2112
1 - 9 of 9 Posts