Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

Supersport GravesSpec ZX-6R

23K views 130 replies 21 participants last post by  zx6rguiy 
#1 ·
Fresh of the Graves Racing Facebook page:

Now taking orders for Supersport GravesSpec ZX-6R. Base price ready to race $21,500.00. Lead time 15 days ??

See less See more
#4 ·
I bet it'll be an amazing 636, but $21,500?? Damn! I just saw a guy on TDJ Yard Sale asking that exact price for a Panigale V4 with not many miles on in excellent condition. I'd rather have that for that kind of money even if it's mostly stock.

#12 ·
Its very cool, however the up charge on some stuff, I could probably do it for a third of the price. The real money maker is tuning all of those things to get power. Anyone can buy and install brake lines, PCV's, rear sets, clip ons.

Reactions: sbk1198
#14 ·
Bikes like these are for squeezing out the last 1% of performance out of the motorcycle. This bike was built to beat other well built 600s, while following the MA rule book. So comparing it to a Duc V4 doesn't make much sense because they aren't built for the same purpose. Most of us won't buy bikes like these because we don't have a need to find every advantage available to beat the country's best racers on equivalent machinery.

I would buy one of these if I had my eye on a club championship or something, but other than that why bother for sure.

#16 ·
Buying this Graves bike is just what I would do if I was going to be racing MA for the next two years.

Had I known this build was in the works.... I might not have bought the bike I did. lol.

However.. with that said... I expect to put my bike together for much less. Yet the fact is.. I'll have much less of a bike when finished.

So the bigger question is this... Could you or I ride that $21,500 bike to it's full potential. ?

The answer is clear.... Who is hell cares... If you can afford it...

Just Do It Already !!!

#18 · (Edited)
I did not and will not be ordering a Graves bike unless I hit the lotto.

I’m going to build mine albeit slowly. Once bodywork options open up and more parts are available I’ll ramp the assembly pace.

My goal would be late spring, early summer and in time for possibly two east coast MA rounds.

More than likely I’ll be acquiring a few of those Graves goodies though.

I really like that exhaust pipe.

#19 ·
I fully expect to see that exhaust on his bike as soon as it's available to the public...I've learned when Tim says "I like that", it means he's buying it. :lol:

#21 ·
What do you mean "all that money"? Simplest way to replace the ignition is with the woodcraft thingymabob. Costs like $50. A nicer way is to also replace the switches, like I did on my 400. That costs around $130 give or take. A new top triple would cost a lot more and wouldn't accomplish anything other than it would look cool

#22 ·
I definitely don't have the means to consider a bike like this, but I dont think it's a bad deal.
Just at a quick glance at some of the bolt ons with some ballpark figures..
$10k for the stock bike
$3500 in ohlins suspension
$1800 graves titanium exhaust
$1500 bodywork/paint
$500 rearsets
I assume some kind of graves electronics that is a step above your average ecu flash.
Misc. Additions such as clip ons, windscreen , lever guard, brake lines, Dunlop slicks etc...
Plus they have to charge some kinda premium to put this package together.
I'd actually be surprised if there is any kind of engine work for that price.

Sent from my LM-X410.FGN using Tapatalk

#28 ·
The V4R is awesome and I couldn't believe how much if looks/feels like a GP bike in stock fork and is incredibly cramped with a thin tank (nothing clip ons and rearsets wouldn't fix though). The amount of electronics on it is insane. I wish I could have taken some photos of the stripped bike at the factory but it wasn't allowed.

FWIW, I think most track riders would probably go faster and be more comfortable on a Graves zx6r than the V4R. :lol:

Attachments

#31 ·
The nice thing about Ducatis has always been that they're narrower and have a narrower gas tank. I loved that about my 1198. They could do that because of the V-twin engine since it wasn't as wide as the I4 engines. Wonder how much wider this V4 is, since the engine has to be a bit wider for sure.

As much as I'd love to have a new V4, I can't really afford it anytime soon. I'm hoping that by the time I'm ready to buy another big bike, that I can find a nice used, track-ready 1299 Panigale. I'd be happy with one of those as well.

#45 ·
So is the "base build" the $20k that we've been talking about, or does that one have some extra stuff?

Cuz if it is so, then that explains the high figure. Looking at the items on that list, you could easily save yourself a few thousand bucks by simply getting other parts and the bike won't be any worse/slower. Like for example...who spends almost $700 on rear sets?? Vortex will be just as good for like $400. $1700 exhaust?? Ok...maybe theirs is a bit better and can give an extra hp or 2. I'd still rather go with an Akrapovic or other well known brand that you can get for about $1200 or less.

#46 ·
Sure you can build one for cheaper.

But for some that can afford it why bother. Not every racer is mechanically inclined and or has the workspace.

As for myself it’s going to be a bit of trial and error to see what actually works.

It’s a very fair price for a brand new, turn key machine.

And then there is the tuning. They already have a base map that is super good. I’d like to have access to that.

Aside for the mark up in parts did I miss a cost for installation. ?

Oh yea. That Taylor made bodywork looks banging.

#47 ·
I was wondering about that as well, and it doesn't look like it. If you add up that whole list it comes out to almost $21,500.

Yes, I agree about the tuning, but you can probably buy an ECU from them with that map on it, maybe? Bodywork does look awesome, although I can't say I've ever seen any other Taylormade bodywork for any other bikes. Not exactly a popular brand, so I'm surprised they have something for the new ZX6R before other more popular brands. Maybe that's why Graves went with that option :O

I'm wondering if by the end of this year there will be some dealers selling left over 2019 models at a discount. I may get one and do some races on it and track days.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.