Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i rode with my new Suomy todayand here is the comparision to my Arai Nakano.

-The Suomy has better airflow almost twice as good as the Arai.
-Suomy is lighter, fits better, and IMO has a better shape to it. It seems that it's more aerodynamic with less resistance when I ride.
-Comes with an Iridium lense
-Lens system is easier to replace, opens and shuts smoother, and locks tighter when fully closed.

Now for the down side, It's louder! Not to the point where it's defening but they do recommend earplugs when you ride. But i guess thats the price you pay when you get that much flow.
-I love the graphics on it but i like the Nakano better IMO.

Hope that helps out when you plan on purchasing another helmet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
is it really that loud? I current have an arai and was looking at buying a Suomy buyt how loud could it be...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Louder, cause its got more airflow but your not gonna go deaf. I like it more than my Arai :bawling which i love!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PM me and i will but cant release the info on a public page due to the fact that it could get the company in trouble! No joke.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm a Suomy convert... I have a Spec-1R

Great helmet and i compensated the "loudness" with an even louder exhaust... :laugh

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love Suomy, dont think i will buy anything else from here on out, well...... Arai if they have a great design!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I also just recently bought a suomy spec 1-r to replace my troy lee designs shoei. I find it to be an awesome helmet, so much I bought my wife one.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had the Suomy gunwind a few years ago Hodgson replica,now have the Arai Nakano rep ...................... Arai preffered personally

·
Registered
389 Posts
I wish I had the money to buy one of those Suomy replicas:(

·
Registered
553 Posts
If you think that's loud try riding with my kbc!! This is by far the loudest helmet ever, I hate this thing.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts