Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i'm new here this site looks great .. I'm having problems with the sub throttle valve actuator on my 03 zx6rr ,they started making noise not the normal ones and found they were kind of ratcheting not doing there normal sweep the fi light was on with a code for the acuator now they dont even move. i have tried a different actuator and a different ecu i'm so stumped please help...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hey there Mikee,welcome too the site. I'm looking at my service manual and it says "if sub throttle do not operate,check the actuator internal resistance ". If you go to the file vault, you can look up the service manual for your ride,hope this helps.:thumbup

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey excellent i'll check that out asap thanks for the help, i'll let ya no how i make out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey ninjarider i went through that infomation it seems like the actuator isn't getting the proper voltage from what i can tell so it sais check the wiring which i did seems good so they say replace ecu which i have tried before .. do you no if the ecu has to be programmed or something the one i installed was off a wrecked bike so i'm not to sure ..:confused

·
Registered
617 Posts
To be honest, I'm not really sure if the ecu needs to be reprogamed or not?. You may want to contact your local kawi dealer and see what they say!.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts