Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
soooo basically it looks like almost every damn bolt and screw is fucked.. my guess is previous owner left it outside always.... I went to replace the grips... stripped bolt.... went to replace the lever... srtipped nut and screw... whats the best thing I should do.. what tool/ tools? bring to mechanic and replace everything? I want to start fresh because it is realllyyy bothering me

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Either that or you are using the wrong size allen...

My bike has sat outside since December... Snow, salt, rain, bird poop....

I had no issues besides my clutch lever which had some surface rust in the pin which made it hard to push out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Either that or you are using the wrong size allen...

My bike has sat outside since December... Snow, salt, rain, bird poop....

I had no issues besides my clutch lever which had some surface rust in the pin which made it hard to push out.
they are def stripped lol...im not that dumb

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
they are def stripped lol...im not that dumb
Never said you were dumb, just pointing out if you use the wrong size that "works" to remove them but is not a tight fit than it'll strip

But anyways what you are saying is you would like to know where to get a bolt kit from for your bike?

·
Administrator
8,182 Posts
Interesting...

Well I would say to go onto bikebolts.com and order another set for the fairings of your bike. Then just replace them all. You aren't going to get the bigger bolts like for the frame, calipers, pinch bolts, etc. But you can get those from the local shop OR you can order them online using a parts fiche.

Hiring a mechanic to remove bolts seems a little over-the-top.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Is it just the heads that are bad and rounded/stripped out? Or are you talking about threads? You could invest in a set of left handed drill bits and easy outs, they do help a lot. sometimes the drill bit will bet the bolt and it comes out easy, other times youre not so lucky.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it just the heads that are bad and rounded/stripped out? Or are you talking about threads? You could invest in a set of left handed drill bits and easy outs, they do help a lot. sometimes the drill bit will bet the bolt and it comes out easy, other times youre not so lucky.
yeah the heads the thread is fine.. yeah I just talked to a buddy of mine and he said the same thing or try jamming a flathead in there and twisting he said also .. thanks for the help bud

·
Registered
166 Posts
First use some PB blaster to help free them then on the stripped ones you are going to need an easy out or like tool that grabs the stripped head. But soak the threads first, will pay off in the long run. And like a lot of people have already said proper tools.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts