Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a slight him coming from the tank area on my '14 when the key wasn't even in the bike. It urns on every once and a while the turns off, sometimes for a few seconds but some for nearly 10 seconds or longer. Just wondering what it could be. Any help is much appreciated as always Be Safe and Ride Free.

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
Is it a mechanical sound or does it sound like air?

You're most likely hearing air from the cap breather.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
It's air. I know exactly what you're talking about. I thought I was going crazy the first time I heard mine do that. Every so often I'll walk out in the garage and she'll start talking to me like "hmmmmmmmmm", lol. You should be fine, I know I haven't had any problems and I don't think it's too out of the ordinary. Perhaps someone will chime in on whether or not it's a bad thing.

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
open the gas cap when it is doing it and if it goes wooosh or the noise stops.... yep just pressure build up as the fuel expands from engine heat or solar from the sun- then the air gets displaced and has to go somewhere

Reactions: Berserk81

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Yah 100% normal . Just releasing air .. usually does it when it's hot . No big deal !

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
My 2008 250R used to do that, and my 2009 ZX-6R does is sometimes as well. It's just the pressure being released from the fuel tank.

·
Registered
17,933 Posts
Open it slowly, Very slowly. Mine sounds like a damn tea pot on hot days.
If I don't slowly crack it open a wee little bit , It will burst out gas.
Just something to keep in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts