Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys I need to get some more practice in on straight line launching. I gotta a guy wanting to run em and unfortunatly there aren't many opportunities to go all out stright line here. What are some proven best et's from you guys at the track and/or street races and what method/rpm did you do it at?

Thanks
Josh

EDIT: BTW I will be running a 06 CBR 600RR I believe.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
where's 768 when you need him lol

·
Registered
956 Posts
Hmmm.. Practice Practice Practice..

If there is a Drag Strip near then sign up for a few runs..

Just racing gave me tons of experience on throttle and clutch control. The starts are just like a drag race. The some times you need to slip the clutch to get better drives or when you exit a corner in a gear to high.

At the track there is usually a strip to the side that you can practice launches on.

Basically you want to carry the RPMs to about 12-14k (be careful you can flip over if you let the clutch out to quick ) and when you need to launch slip the clutch and give it more gas. Start out at a lower RPM until you feel good about reving the piss out of your bike!

there are few things you need to balance..

1) RPM (Power) Throttle Control
2) Clutch (power delivery)
3) Wheel stand (balance clutch and throttle)
4) Wheel spin (balance clutch and throttle)
5) Body position (get as far over the front end as you can with out being stupid)

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
where's 768 when you need him lol
here i am, hey bro u want to start low in your rpm's when launching for your 1st time at the track or if u are tryin to do this on the street, i recomend the track tho, also try set your rpm's to where they don't want to float on u and set them there also try to pay attention to where they are set at so u will no next time, i would start at 5 rpm for my 1st time and slip the clutch, don't dump it bc the frontend will stand up like a rocket, u want to shift at 14 rpm anything more than that is the drop off, i leave at 8 rpm bc thats where my bike makes it's most torque at, also u want to launch at where your bike makes it's most torque at to get the bike rollin faster, but in this case your 1st time u want to get used to the bike and start low tho, seat time and practice is the key to going fast, good luck and be safe and have fun !

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I got it down after the launch. I would love to goto the track to practice launching but that's not an option right now. The highest I have tried launching is 5k slipping the clutch and once I go into it the front still rises and I usually shift around 15k rpm. I make peak HP at 15,300RPM :[email protected][email protected][email protected]! I was just curious if the same style netted any of you a good 0-60ft. Thanks for your input guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts