Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so my bike got stolen from Springfield, VA last night. I have full coverage, so it'll all work out in the end. Just wanted to let you know that if you live in the area, watch your bikes.

Sad day since I put all the work into it myself, but no one was hurt and the house is still standing. Could have been worse. Stay safe out there folks.

Reactions: zninja

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Sorry to hear that man! Keep us updated about how the process ends up working for you and if you learn anything that might help others

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to hear that man! Keep us updated about how the process ends up working for you and if you learn anything that might help others
Will do. I put in a claim with Geico and have a police report. As things develop, I'll let you all know.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
Hey guys, so my bike got stolen from Springfield, VA last night. I have full coverage, so it'll all work out in the end. Just wanted to let you know that if you live in the area, watch your bikes.

Sad day since I put all the work into it myself, but no one was hurt and the house is still standing. Could have been worse. Stay safe out there folks.
Sorry to hear that brother. I know first hand how you feal. Went through the same stuff.
You getting another Kawi? Same type?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear that brother. I know first hand how you feal. Went through the same stuff.
You getting another Kawi? Same type?
I'm sticking with Kawi, but I don't know if I'm getting a 6 or 10 yet.

It was in a driveway. I'll purchase a disk lock for the next bike for sure.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question for those who have gone through this. Did insurance cover any aftermarket stuff if you didn't tell insurance you had them up front? I never called them when I got my various stuff put on it.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick update, in case it helps anyone in the future should they have their bike jacked.

My insurance company (Geico), will take 30 days to try to find the bike. Which won't happen because it never does. Then an insurance adjuster will work with me to try to cheat me out of as much money as possible. Here is my advice: KEEP ALL THE RECEIPTS FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER BOUGHT FOR THE BIKE!!!

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Here is my advice: KEEP ALL THE RECEIPTS FOR EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER BOUGHT FOR THE BIKE!!!
Haven't ever had a bike stolen, but I second this 100%. It's EXCELLENT info to have when dealing with insurance, but also looks good when you're selling the bike. If you take the time to keep good records and keep track of receipts, people are more likely to believe that you took good care of the bike :O

·
Registered
423 Posts
Had mine stolen in 11, Took 30 days, they covered all accessories up to 3k, even if i didn't have receipts they accepted a picture with it on my bike. I had a disk lock, Apparently a neighbor saw 4 people and a pick up truck waiting at the end of my street at 3 am. I would recommend a garage or teather it to something

·
Registered
203 Posts
My only advise, and it applies to all types of insurance claims, is do not accept their first offer. The adjuster works for the insurance company, not you so they will be trying to save the company money. Counter offer.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree, when working with the insurance company never take their first offer. It's like buying a car, you don't go in and pay whatever they tell you. Get some info from NADA guides, they tend to be a little more favorable to consumers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you're keeping the new bike out in full view from the street, I'd go with more than disk locks. Should be covered, locked cover, and anchored somehow.

·
Registered
639 Posts
disc lock wont do you any good. only chance is having an alarm, or low jack. other than that, 2+ buff bros will pick that bad boy up and walk off with it.

took less than 30 seconds to throw that in a mini van.

Sorry to hear bruh.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts