Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl was taken by some lowlifes with a van around 3 AM this morning, from my gated apartment complex in the Oakwell Farms area. Please keep a lookout and let me know if you see/hear anything. I'm pretty heartbroken right now; I feel like I've lost a part of me.

She's a green 2013 with an M4 GP exhaust, bar-end mirror, smoked ZG windscreen, fender elim, frame sliders, and smoked taillight housing. License plate 196A3X. It is the green bike in the foreground of the picture.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
WOW dude that really sucks :crying I hope for a speedy and safe return of her to you and a lethal beating to the aforementioned "low lifes"

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Gated. WTF.

SO it's an neighbor.

Would be ALL over the management. Door to door delivery of flyers letting others know the gate isn't working so well and the video isn't either. Would also be calling the local media. Letting others know the community has a problem.
Bad press, they don't like it.

Hope you get it back in one piece.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Might also consider a small claims court case against the complex, fill the gap by anything not covered by the renters insurance and deductible.
Your paying extra for security your NOT getting. IMO

This is BS.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah if its a gated complex/community the owners should definitely be liable. I hate to sound pessimistic but I would be willing to bet your bike is already parted and listed on craigslist and ebay. If I were you I'd seek legal counsel asap to try an recover whatever you are entitled to.

I really hate hearing about things like this cause as a rider I know just how much someones bike means to them....almost like a child.
I hope I'm wrong and you get your bike back in one piece.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Y'all,

Thank you for the responses. I appreciate the support. Unfortunately, I don't have the means to file claims against anyone because I'm just a college student. I'm only in San Antonio for an internship (I'm studying at UT Austin). It could've been a neighbor, but I think more likely a gang cased my bike and waited for someone to open the gate with their key fob and followed them in. The bike had a lock and cover and would've had a chain if I had anywhere to chain it to. I have heard that bike thefts in the SA/Austin area are pretty common, which is a huge shame. If I had more info on who did it, I would be tempted to deal them my own justice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If only I had seen the bastards. They would've gotten swift justice by hollow-points.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I wish anyone who steals bikes or cars from people would do the world a favor and drink bleach.

So sorry about your bike dude :(

·
Registered
951 Posts
This is a damn shame! College kids shouldn't have to worry about getting there shit stolen! I had my Civic Si stolen in 2000 When I was a student and it sucked....sorry man and I hope you get something good out the deal.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Y'all,

Thank you for the responses. I appreciate the support. Unfortunately, I don't have the means to file claims against anyone because I'm just a college student. I'm only in San Antonio for an internship (I'm studying at UT Austin). It could've been a neighbor, but I think more likely a gang cased my bike and waited for someone to open the gate with their key fob and followed them in. The bike had a lock and cover and would've had a chain if I had anywhere to chain it to. I have heard that bike thefts in the SA/Austin area are pretty common, which is a huge shame. If I had more info on who did it, I would be tempted to deal them my own justice.
Well then you really need the help.
IMO, the first step is an Email to the owners, management. Why email to have proof you tried and there reply.
I would ask them to file a claim against there insurance for the bike, or the difference your insurance is paying you.

Austin Tenants? Council/Filing Suit in Small Claims Court
Some legal bits to cover your bases.
TX Filing a Small Claims Suit - Lawyers.com
From some other legal minds
http://www.depts.ttu.edu/sls/forms/How-to-Sue-in-Small-Claims-Court.pdf

After you have covered the landlords, your insurance. Get the damages, what your being offered from everyone and determine if your breaking even. LOL never seems to happen.
What your going to be out. That is what you would file a claim for.

Small claims courts normally run $25 to file a claim or less. Normally there are no lawyers.
SO the judge and or juror, looks like you can ask for one for $5. Hears your side, the other side and make a judgement.

You want to have pictures, and any receipts for the total investment you have on the bike.
Any costs due to the loss of the bike. Like bus fares.

Don't get greedy, just be upfront and fair. Judges and jury's don't like scam artists looking for a FREE ride.

So if you get all the papers, try to be upfront and fair. Invest $25 you could recover what you would be out.

·
Skin Flute Master Instructor Level III
6,355 Posts
Definitely don't just do nothing.

Reactions: Addhoc and Indy

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry to hear that.. Pisses me off!!! I live in SA and have written your plates down on my tank with a grease pencil... Also I'm going to to try and find the number of a guy who specializes in parts for kawasaki, especially the zx6r... He seemed shady so, I didn't do business with him.. Let me see if I still have his number...

Michael A Rodio

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Indy, thanks for the reply. I'm going to see what I can do as far as pressing claims against the complex. I don't know if I can prove they did anything wrong, just that they did do nothing. One of the maintenance guys told me that a bike was stolen in a similar fashion last year so maybe that's something I can use.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OP<

As an intern, are you subletting?
RJ2112,

I still have my apartment in Austin because I haven't been able to sublease it yet. Why do you ask?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts