Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
both my throttle and choke are super sticky after reinstalling everything. i tried lubing all the points i can see, even the ones on top of the engine that i can see with the air box off. i can roll the throttle all the way back and it will not snap back forward like i imagine it should. i dont need a bad case of whiskey throttle. how can i adjust how sticky the choke and throttle are?

thanks

-Sean

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you install grips or bar ends? I had to put 2 washers in between my bar end and throttle bc the bar end was pressing against the grip causing it to stick.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'd check the routing of the cables. if it's on Both sides, choke and throttle, you got something wrong around the left side of the carbs where it comes all together.
ill take a look at this. maybe something is binding up...

Take the bar ends off. See if it sticks. If not it's your problem. Also make sure the inside of your grip isn't rubbing on anything. Good luck
i took the bar ends off. it changed absolutely nothing. roll the throttle back, and it just stays, doesnt even want to snap forward. doesnt even think about it lol.

·
Registered
7,565 Posts
so is the grip rubbing on the inside portion, where it may (shouldn't) contact the throttle cable housing

·
Registered
38 Posts
Take the grip completely off. Sometimes a shot of air from a air gun/compressor underneath the grip will take them right off with no hassle. See if it snaps back

·
Registered
80 Posts
both my throttle and choke are super sticky after reinstalling everything. i tried lubing all the points i can see, even the ones on top of the engine that i can see with the air box off. i can roll the throttle all the way back and it will not snap back forward like i imagine it should. i dont need a bad case of whiskey throttle. how can i adjust how sticky the choke and throttle are?

thanks

-Sean
Hope I'm not pointing out the obvious but you need to adjust the throttle cable with the locknut adjusters located to the left of the housing. Plenty of YouTube vids on it. Again I apologize if this is something you've already tried

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thankyou everybody for your input. my ignition wires were routed around my throttle cables in such a way that itwould bind when i turned to the left. i un-fucked that, then adjust both throttle cables to dial in the free play and WA-LA. throttle snaps back like a boss both center, left, and right.

tried to adjust and and double checked the routing of the choke cable, still sticking and making a squeaking/rubber sound when i pull it back. when i say sticking, it just seems super hard to pull back.

question on the side: should my headlight come in with the key in the on position, bike not running?

·
Registered
38 Posts
thankyou everybody for your input. my ignition wires were routed around my throttle cables in such a way that itwould bind when i turned to the left. i un-fucked that, then adjust both throttle cables to dial in the free play and WA-LA. throttle snaps back like a boss both center, left, and right.

tried to adjust and and double checked the routing of the choke cable, still sticking and making a squeaking/rubber sound when i pull it back. when i say sticking, it just seems super hard to pull back.

question on the side: should my headlight come in with the key in the on position, bike not running?
mine doesn't come on til I start the engine. My buddies gixxer comes on with the key in start position.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts