Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks. I just picked the bike up this morning and noticed the damper knob rubs against the top of the fork. Why and how can fix this? Sorry but I've never worked on a bike before. Thanks for the help!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I'm sure some here know the answer right away, but I would like to see a pic of your damper from the rider's perspective (similar to attached pic).

jimundascores

Attachments

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
It rubs because the bike has been lowered. Not sure how that would be able to be fixed without raising the bike back to stock height.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
When your fork tubes are pushed up that high... it has been lowered. The stock height those tubes are about 1/4 higher than the triple clamp. Yours are at least an inch or more lowered.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah put the bike back to stock height.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see it now.

So to lift it back, it's just a matter of loosening the 4 bolts holding the handle bar and lift to the stock height.

And If I don't lift it back , will there be any damages to the bike/damper or will it be unsafe?

When your fork tubes are pushed up that high... it has been lowered. The stock height those tubes are about 1/4 higher than the triple clamp. Yours are at least an inch or more lowered.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Not sure how it is on the 09+ ZX, but there should be bolts at the upper triple, and the lower as well.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
If you're raising it back up you're not only going to want to bring the triples up... but it is likely there is a lowering link on the rear shock as well. Make sure you put the stock link back on the rear so she sits evenly. Otherwise you're geometry will be out of whack.

don't just raise the front up without bringing up the ass end too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are these stock links? They look like they are to me.

If you're raising it back up you're not only going to want to bring the triples up... but it is likely there is a lowering link on the rear shock as well. Make sure you put the stock link back on the rear so she sits evenly. Otherwise you're geometry will be out of whack.

don't just raise the front up without bringing up the ass end too.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts