Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 07 zx6r with 10k miles on in I bought it today and I rode it for a while with no problems, but later when I came back to ride I'll start it but when I shift to 1st to take off it stalks out would it be the clutch cable or something worse.

·
Registered
577 Posts
flip your kickstand up. if it is down, and you put it into gear it will stall. it does this so you dont ride away with the stand down, turn left, and have the stand pivot the rear of the bike off the ground causing you to crash. Ski

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was it exactly thank you so much this is my first Kawasaki so I wasn't sure but that is a great safety feature

·
Super Moderator
13,277 Posts
Or clutch sensor or kickstand sensor but I'm inclined to go with above.

Ey3

·
Super Moderator
13,277 Posts
That was it exactly thank you so much this is my first Kawasaki so I wasn't sure but that is a great safety feature
How long have you been riding?

Welcome btw

Ey3

·
Registered
441 Posts
uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reactions: Mystery636

·
Registered
577 Posts
another great feature is the positive neutral finder. when in first gear, and sitting still the bike cannot be shifted up (or down if you have gp shift) into any other gear but neutral. it cannot go into second. makes it easy to find neutral, especially for newbies.

so make sure you are downshifted to first BEFORE you stop moving, once stopped and in first , one klick up and your green neutral light will come on, and you are free to release the clutch while the bike is idling (waiting at a light for example). light turns green, click down one, and off you go. saves wear on the clutch pack too.

ski

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
You might need to roll it forward an inch if sitting in neutral its pretty common used to freak me out till I read how normal it is

·
Registered
529 Posts
I was not aware of a positive neutral finder. I can usually half kick down from second so really isn't required. I consider myself new on these bikes. Is it just me or is shifting from 2nd to first a bit too clunkish to be necessary in regular riding situations.

·
Registered
517 Posts
another great feature is the positive neutral finder. when in first gear, and sitting still the bike cannot be shifted up (or down if you have gp shift) into any other gear but neutral. it cannot go into second. makes it easy to find neutral, especially for newbies.

so make sure you are downshifted to first BEFORE you stop moving, once stopped and in first , one klick up and your green neutral light will come on, and you are free to release the clutch while the bike is idling (waiting at a light for example). light turns green, click down one, and off you go. saves wear on the clutch pack too.

ski
IMO its never a good idea to be in neutral at a redlight. always better to be in gear and ready to move if you have to.

positive neutral finder is a great feature...not really needed, but fun to have.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts