Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2003 ZX6r that takes about three shots to start it when it has been sitting for 5 or 6 hours. The battery is only a year old, it does have a slip on but no PC. The bike did sit for about two years before i got my hands on it. Once it gets going the bike runs great. Just starts hard when it's cold. I was thinking plugs and wires due to the age and not knowing the last time they were changed. ill post a video if i can, i'm not the best when it comes to how all that works. when the bike does get running the idle is set around 1,500rpm if that helps any. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
If its been siting that long chances are plugs need to be changed, battery probly needs charge are replaced. also wouldnt be bad idea to run some seafom with some fresh gas threw the tank this will help clean the fuel system,injectors.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If its been siting that long chances are plugs need to be changed, battery probly needs charge are replaced. also wouldnt be bad idea to run some seafom with some fresh gas threw the tank this will help clean the fuel system,injectors.
Already have fresh gas in it, i though that was going to fix it. I've heard some bad things about seafoam though, eating seals and ruining internals. Is this only after repeated use?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts