Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking to buy front brake steel braided lines. I cant seem to figure out which one to select in order to get both front calipers. When is says 2 does that mean lines for both calipers or am I misunderstanding it? I dunno if goodridge is the best brand to get or if i should just buy two single lines of another brand. Also anyone know all the specs of the stock chain? Heres the link for the brakes.

http://www.bikebandit.com/product/16273?m=4167&t=1

·
Registered
23 Posts
the lines in your link are for both front lines,goodridge are a good make just make sure you buy a set with stainless fittings not aluminium as its been known to fail in the past!

·
Registered
165 Posts
stock chain is a 520 pitch and 108 links

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
i just put HEL lines on a month ago and love em.. I got front and rear lines

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone know of a place you can order the line from the front brake reservoir to the hand lever? I'm hoping to get it in a steel braided setup as all the others are and the Arizona sun is baking the rubber ones in about 3 months... It's no fun losing front brakes on the road.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
Does anyone know of a place you can order the line from the front brake reservoir to the hand lever? I'm hoping to get it in a steel braided setup as all the others are and the Arizona sun is baking the rubber ones in about 3 months... It's no fun losing front brakes on the road.
Thats a good question, Iv not seen em anywhere, But that is the weak link in the chain as it now stands.
Id like to replace mine too.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
you want "race" line. If that makes sense. I got hel lines. either get those or goodridge. er whatever. get the stainless steel fittings, not aluminum.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I can't find anywhere the has brake lines for the '13s n spieler has then but I can only find aluminum fittings n those are garbage

·
Registered
500 Posts
I went with Galfer brake lines. Got both front and rear set off ebay for 114.95 shipped!
I'm not having a problems finding brake lines it's finding them that will for on the new 636 n don't have the aluminum fittings

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Perfect, exactly what I'm looking for; less the steel braid. I'm going to have to order some.
Check out Agg Racing - quality motorcycle parts at affordable prices! he sells Fren Tubo brake lines, they offer stainless steel (type 1,2), kevlar (type3) and carbon fiber (type 4). I run the type 4 carbon fiber and they are by far the best lines I have used I highly recommend those, you will have a hard time finding better. He also sells the tygon by the foot and generally throws in extra.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I added this in the classifieds but thought I should leave this here too.

Just wanted to share that the Fren Tubo brake line group buy is back on, I have a set of the Type 4 carbon fiber lines and they are the best line I have used on the three bikes I have owned.

Here's a link to the group buy thread
Group Buy: Fren Tubo brake lines (multi-forum listing) : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum

Here's a link to the vendor site.
Agg Racing - quality motorcycle parts at affordable prices!

I'm such a big fan of these lines , I am considering buying another set to have as a spare.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts