Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgrading my lines in spring and Im wondering what brand lines do you guys run? Also did you swap out your pads when you got your new lines?:dowhat

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Reactions: Dale W2

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,321 Posts
Concise answer:
spiegler

Reason: I like the germans...

Ey3

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I suppose I'll give a concise answer myself. Core moto lines.

Reason: They are local to me and I have had them before. And customer service is awesome. Another brand to check out is venhill.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not going to lie, I've been looking at Galfer, Spiegler and Core....only recently have I started looking into HEL. I haven't tracked my bike, but I am thinking about taking a course in spring at Road America which isn't very far from my house. At about 11k on my zx6r do you guys think it would be a good idea to get new pads with the new lines?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Depends on how much material you have left. I mean are pads are hh rated stock so if you have meat left I would wait till you need them just my .02 cents. But get good brake fluid at bleed them till it comes out clean then a little more. And I have core moto lines and love them.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Depends on how much material you have left. I mean are pads are hh rated stock so if you have meat left I would wait till you need them just my .02 cents. But get good brake fluid at bleed them till it comes out clean then a little more. And I have core moto lines and love them.
Okay good to know, might end up going with core lines after all. The kawasaki green ones look sick!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look better in real life and the paint on the banjo fittings hold up thats what I have. Green on green lines, love them.
Dumb question but when you go on their site and pick out what you want for their custom lines, as far as the length everything should be stock unless your bike is lowered or stretched right? Mine is stock height and not stretched.

Here a link to what I'm talking about.
KAWASAKI ZX6R (09-12) FRONT AND REAR CUSTOM BRAKE LINE COMBO| CORE MOTO USA

·
Registered
178 Posts
Interesting and good to hear that is the case that they're OEM HH.
I reckon standard issue setup is more than fine for street as far as performance goes I was happy.
I took it to Almeria track - my first proper track use for the bike a couple weeks ago and got really annoyed how they went soft so fast.
Doing front only there's no power braking going on in the rear.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
I run whatever brand I can find first. It is a reinforced tube, not rocket science :p

I have yet to find any advantages or disadvantages associated with any major brand that makes these. Price and availability are my deciding factors until someone can convince me that one is better than another.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts