Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I won't be at midnight madness but I'll be racing with MCRA at Gateway next weekend. This weekend I am doing a 4 day Arkansas ride (if we don't get rained out).
I was just up at Big St. Charles for the Calendar girl contest talking to a guy that is the head of the organization. I have always been interested in doing a track day So i was planning on coming up friday afternoon and maybe signing up for Sunday all day.

That four day ride sounds fun! What is the route you will be taking? I love weekend rides. You going with a group or solo?

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
I was just up at Big St. Charles for the Calendar girl contest talking to a guy that is the head of the organization. I have always been interested in doing a track day So i was planning on coming up friday afternoon and maybe signing up for Sunday all day.

That four day ride sounds fun! What is the route you will be taking? I love weekend rides. You going with a group or solo?
You may have been talking to me. Those were my two bikes there and all my stuff. :) Or you were talking to Drew (beard). We were both there representing MCRA. I see some pictures of my stuff on the Calendar Girl web site (along with all the booty pics):

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=ms.c.eJxllFsOAzEIxG5UBQiPuf~%3BFulWlSjW~%3BliEDya4dSx~%3BVyCdNli~%3B7katDMlN0bDkCyZpFrEhqOexTJ0iCeSouHV~%3BOFUhbG0kthwnbm46YsMU8Lc7e4yBjlyTdSJhn1lZnbVWHd6rkWUpu~%3BolIMv9Vn77~%3Bkz7ED52bdO7qo6KjBrHjqIo6RlJwLIfkxnJE0kJnN3b2YGYPJvQYOtVrCluTcoeW3EYUO99hwjzsfOUgacaqZMJaU9SavSJZ1Zyii04376Kbr~_VxSIYJR5xixJf5JIIjY0IFz1Ixj9YUar7D9aV8rtRALOjYkPiquk7y~%3BQO8AdkvMD4~-.bps.a.10152896892056915.1073741865.281253276914&type=1

That's Drew sitting in the chair in the bottom pic (and my head just above the front of the windshield). And a pic I took:

·
Registered
62 Posts
You may have been talking to me. Those were my two bikes there and all my stuff. :) Or you were talking to Drew (beard). We were both there representing MCRA. I see some pictures of my stuff on the Calendar Girl web site (along with all the booty pics):

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=ms.c.eJxllFsOAzEIxG5UBQiPuf~%3BFulWlSjW~%3BliEDya4dSx~%3BVyCdNli~%3B7katDMlN0bDkCyZpFrEhqOexTJ0iCeSouHV~%3BOFUhbG0kthwnbm46YsMU8Lc7e4yBjlyTdSJhn1lZnbVWHd6rkWUpu~%3BolIMv9Vn77~%3Bkz7ED52bdO7qo6KjBrHjqIo6RlJwLIfkxnJE0kJnN3b2YGYPJvQYOtVrCluTcoeW3EYUO99hwjzsfOUgacaqZMJaU9SavSJZ1Zyii04376Kbr~_VxSIYJR5xixJf5JIIjY0IFz1Ixj9YUar7D9aV8rtRALOjYkPiquk7y~%3BQO8AdkvMD4~-.bps.a.10152896892056915.1073741865.281253276914&type=1

That's Drew sitting in the chair in the bottom pic (and my head just above the front of the windshield). And a pic I took:

Wow! What a small world. Yeah, I do believe I talked to you then! Haha! That is awesome! I was the dude that had the ZX6R 13 and my buddy was on the RC8. Hopefully we will see you up there next weekend! Love your ZX10R though.

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Yep, small world indeed. Just to be clear, we're only racing and having the track days on Satuday and Sunday but we'll be there on Friday setting up the track. You are more than welcome to come out Friday and help! :) That will also get you a wrist band so you can get in all weekend for free. I think that will also put you in a drawing for a free track day. Also, you can sign up for "Test the Track" which gets you a highly controlled session on the track Saturday and/or Sunday for only $1 (yep one dollar). Well, plus a $10 MCRA membership. You have to be a member to take advantage of it. Let me know if you guys are interested in doing that. You can sign up for it on the MCRA web site, sometimes I lead those groups around too although I probably can't on Saturday because I'm teaching the race clinic on Saturday.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Okay awesome. Yeah I remember you telling me that, I did want to come out on Friday and help set up and talk to people and stuff. But that sounds absolutely awesome! I will definitely be there for sure and I will talk to my buddy. I won't be there Saturday though because of work but Sunday for sure. I hope it is not suppose to rain that weekend. I can get a MCRA membership for $10? That seems really cheap. What does a membership entail?

·
Registered
7,222 Posts
Basically the membership allows you to ride with us and it allows you to vote (we're a voting club) if you so choose. We require a membership because it makes things a little easier for the club on some legal issues. Also, I just got home from the MCRA general meeting tonight and they also said that first time Novice class riders with MCRA will get 1/2 price track day so if you are interested in doing a full day that may help out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You'll have a great time at Gateway with MCRA. That's where I got my start and Todd (TDH), along with all of the other members of MCRA will make you feel like you're with family. Welcome to track riding, you'll love it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
So an emergency came up last weekend so I couldn't make it up but I am going to try to get some people to come up to the next one. Sucks cause I really wanted to come up! Anyways, I guess I will look at the calendar on the website. You guys ever ride street? I'd love to ride with you guys sometime.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I pretty much quit riding street since I got into track riding but a good group to look into would be stlar.com (St Louis Area Riders). Go to their site and join the forum. You'll find plenty of people to ride with.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts