Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

squid saying hello

719 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  swirl620
hello guys, first great forum learned a lot to get my 1998 zx6r going (green) :) SEK Kansas. 8 years in the dirt. 2 in college years on roommate's 500. saying hello, got my bike going reading lots of threads. waiting for warm weather.:O
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Sup man. Welcome to the forums!

Wheres the pics?
Reactions: 1
sorry been away, any advise welcome. Bike was sitting for years so far i have changes plugs, wires, fixed a broken gear shift and shifter bracket. cleaned carbs, was really worried until i read here and gained a ton of confidence. and worried looks from wife wife. but it running i was loosing power mid rev and dying. coolant oil. :coocoo was worried oil light cam on, more freaking out and research i did not burp it now she is running. took her out first time this week. a bit rought added sea foam to full tank after draining all lines and been running it through. and more advice appreciated.
Looks like you've already done a lot of work on her but have you sync'd your carbs? Could be the reason why she's running rough and has some power loss in the mids.
welcome!
Sweet bike man! I too started in the dirt and just recently got back in. Welcome to the forums, this is a great place to learn, that's for sure.
no i have not it still is a little rough. i have the service manual, i will look into that any advice on that. usually a job that can be done bye a newbie?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.