Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have 2013 zx6r with really noisy front brakes during braking, I took it back to my dealer they had a look at it and they said they sanded down edges of the brake pads a bit, but I didn’t really notice any change, still as loud as ever. Is it worth taking it back or I should just ignore it?

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
Hey guys I have 2013 zx6r with really noisy front brakes during braking, I took it back to my dealer they had a look at it and they said they sanded down edges of the brake pads a bit, but I didn’t really notice any change, still as loud as ever. Is it worth taking it back or I should just ignore it?
Squealing brakes are caused by the pads chattering on the rotor. The beveled edge could help, but not as much as making sure the anti rattle clips are installed correctly, and also using brake grease between the caliper piston and the backs of the pads. The grease stops the noise when the pad and piston hit each other. the anti rattle clips apply pressure to keep the pads pushed into the caliper structure so there's less motion to make the noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts