Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just de-winterized my 2013 636 and I started noticing around the second or third ride out that as I was coming to a stop or going very slowly (around 5-10mph), there would be this mid-to-loud squeak noise. I can both hear it and feel the noise through my gear shifter but it only occurs at one part of the wheel.

Thought it might be the chain so I cleaned and lubed it and it still is making that those sounds. Funny thing though is that when I put it up on a stand and rotated the rear wheel, no squeak sounds are to be heard. Only when I'm on the bike and moving is when it seems to occur. Going to throw my camera on this week and record it as it happens, but feel free to suggest any possible problems that I should be looking for.

And just so you have an idea of what the problem sounds like, imagine applying the brakes on a bicycle but still moving the tires forcefully through the rubber pads. That's what this feels and sounds like. Hoping that it's nothing!

P.S. I'm still having trouble with the cold start issues (took me 5 tries in Saturday) but I just hold the throttle open slightly as i start the bike and that keeps the idle from dropping out. This bike is and has been amazing, but these small issues are starting to pile up...

·
Registered
639 Posts
Probably your front pads. Mine were squealing and a bud and I pulled them off and greased the LIPS and sides of the pads...not the actual pad itself in anyway.

no more squeals.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I had some squeaking on my bike when I bought it - Front brakes were shot. I'd try servicing your front and back breaks. The only other thing that springs to mind would be your chain/sprockets but you've tackled that already. Good luck! :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts