Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the differences between a "sport bike" and a "super sport bike" are? Still new to riding but I'm really looking to upgrade soon and This would help narrow down some choices on bikes I'm looking at. Thanks =)

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
sport bike has more of a sport ride like a gsxr 1000, cbr 1000, yzf r1, zx 10, them bikes are considered a sport bike to me, a super sport bike is a zx 6r, cbr 600, gsxr 600, yzf r6 all these bikes are sometime refered to as middle weights and also like u stated super sports, also let me say all have a sport look and ride to them and all are fast as hell and handle good on the street

·
Registered
590 Posts
I would agree and disagree with 768 there.

In my experience a sport bike is made up of different categories.

You have your super sports (gsxr 600, zx6r, r6, triumph 675, even ducati 749, ect..)

You have your superbike (gsxr 1000, r1, zx10r, ect..)

You have your hyper bike (hayabusa, zx12, zx14, ect..)

Then you also have your naked sports (sv650, honda 599, ect..)

And last but not least, your street/sport tourers (gs500f, vfr, fjr 1300, ect..)

some people dont consider nakeds or the street bikes as sport bikes, those are basically your own interpetation. Thats how i understand the classes to be and how i was explained it as.

If you even want you can check out the manufactures website to see what they classify as sport and non sport

·
Registered
450 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the differences between a "sport bike" and a "super sport bike" are? Still new to riding but I'm really looking to upgrade soon and This would help narrow down some choices on bikes I'm looking at. Thanks =)
I don't think any of the manufacturers differentiate between sport bike and "super" sport bike? Hell, I don't even know what a super sport bike is??

SuperSport, however, is a motorcycle racing class that allows a few modifications beyond what a SuperStock bike is allowed...

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
The Australian Kawasaki site puts them into the super sport and sport bike categories. I agree with Caker.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hmmmm....maybe it's one of them thar international type thangs?

6Zone...broadening the horizons of California dirt farmers since 2006!:thumbup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts