Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm ricing up the bike a little, I just threw a Spiegler Stainless brake line kit on my bike and thought I'd throw up some pics. They are super easy to replace and they feel way better than stock brakes. Not to mention you can custom order these things in many different colors for the lines as well as for the fittings, and the banjo bolts. I went with red lines, red fittings, and red banjos and a did 2 lines down from the master cylinder rather than the stock over the fender route. I also threw on some rim tape to add some color but not sure how I feel about it so far. I'm having decals made to cover up the tank decals as well since they are under a clear coat and can't be removed. I have a pic of the first trial which didn't work out perfect but still looks good and gives you an idea of what it will look like, check it out. I'm just waiting for a new master link to throw on a red chain I picked up too...

Also I found some nice aftermarket Coolant hose kits for the bike, just wondering if anyone has swapped these out before, how much time it took, and if you rain into any issues.

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man,

Hey how do you add a photo beside and under you name? new to this website. :coocoo

cheers:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm ricing up the bike a little, I just threw a Spiegler Stainless brake line kit on my bike and thought I'd throw up some pics. They are super easy to replace and they feel way better than stock brakes. Not to mention you can custom order these things in many different colors for the lines as well as for the fittings, and the banjo bolts. I went with red lines, red fittings, and red banjos and a did 2 lines down from the master cylinder rather than the stock over the fender route. I also threw on some rim tape to add some color but not sure how I feel about it so far. I'm having decals made to cover up the tank decals as well since they are under a clear coat and can't be removed. I have a pic of the first trial which didn't work out perfect but still looks good and gives you an idea of what it will look like, check it out. I'm just waiting for a new master link to throw on a red chain I picked up too...

Also I found some nice aftermarket Coolant hose kits for the bike, just wondering if anyone has swapped these out before, how much time it took, and if you rain into any issues.

cheers
I recently added the red samco sport hose kit. I love the way it looks. Install isn't hard persay, but more of a pain in the johnson. You'll have to remove the tank to get to a few of the fittings. You'll lose a bit of fluid as well so be prepared with a bucket and get some more coolant. You'll have to start the bike quite a bit,let it cool then add more fluid until the level doesn't drop anymore. The brake lines look great, did you bleed the system yourself or was it not necessary?

Thanks man,

Hey how do you add a photo beside and under you name? new to this website. :coocoo

cheers:
up top, quick links. Go to user control panel, then on the left under options, select avatar.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently added the red samco sport hose kit. I love the way it looks. Install isn't hard persay, but more of a pain in the johnson. You'll have to remove the tank to get to a few of the fittings. You'll lose a bit of fluid as well so be prepared with a bucket and get some more coolant. You'll have to start the bike quite a bit,let it cool then add more fluid until the level doesn't drop anymore. The brake lines look great, did you bleed the system yourself or was it not necessary?

up top, quick links. Go to user control panel, then on the left under options, select avatar.
sweet yeah that's what i'm looking at getting is the red kit. I was just going to drain the rad and all that before I swapped the hoses and just do a flush at the same time. you just left your coolant in the system? I just want to make sure that all hoses are accessible. your bike is an 06 so it will be a different I'm guessing anyways.

and yeah you have to empty the brake lines to take them off then bleed the new lines with new fluid. very easy process, did it with a speed bleeder bag from sportbiketrackgear.com You could replace the front and back in an hour I bet.:O

·
Registered
375 Posts
The brake lines look great. If you decide to change the hoses, let me know how painful the process was. I'm thinking about changing mine as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
sweet yeah that's what i'm looking at getting is the red kit. I was just going to drain the rad and all that before I swapped the hoses and just do a flush at the same time. you just left your coolant in the system? I just want to make sure that all hoses are accessible. your bike is an 06 so it will be a different I'm guessing anyways.

and yeah you have to empty the brake lines to take them off then bleed the new lines with new fluid. very easy process, did it with a speed bleeder bag from sportbiketrackgear.com You could replace the front and back in an hour I bet.:O
Thanks for the info. The radiator hoses will pretty much be the same. You'll be able to access the hoses coming off the radiator with fairings off, but the way the clamps are and the location of the hoses going to the motor are underneath the tank by the air box.

Best of luck brother!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will do Ukky, I am sure I will do it but maybe not until next month. I think I have gone over my budget for this month hahaha. I'll keep you updated. Not sure if you have a place to buy the kits from but I'm looking at OPPracing.com I think it's a Canadian business though so may benefit you to find one in the U.S somewhere

And Thanks Kale, so besides the fairings and the tank I don't have to take much apart?? were the old hoses hard to pull off? did you have to cut any off? Got any pics you can toss up?

heres a link to the site. it shows a green kit on a zx6r, and shows you a few other colors you can choose from:
Samco Sport Silicone Radiator Hose Kit - OPPRACING Products

·
Registered
98 Posts
Will do Ukky, I am sure I will do it but maybe not until next month. I think I have gone over my budget for this month hahaha. I'll keep you updated. Not sure if you have a place to buy the kits from but I'm looking at OPPracing.com I think it's a Canadian business though so may benefit you to find one in the U.S somewhere

And Thanks Kale, so besides the fairings and the tank I don't have to take much apart?? were the old hoses hard to pull off? did you have to cut any off? Got any pics you can toss up?

heres a link to the site. it shows a green kit on a zx6r, and shows you a few other colors you can choose from:
Samco Sport Silicone Radiator Hose Kit - OPPRACING Products
The old hoses weren't too hard. A few we're pretty stuck on their but a bit of retard strength and you're fine. I did not cut any off. All you have to remove is the fairings and tank. For the tank you don't even have to disconnect the lines, just remove the three bolts holding it in place and use a chair or table to lay it on its left side. I removed most the fuel from my tank before I did it. The clamps are accessible with a long Phillips or a socket. Ill try and get a few pics up for you when I get a chance. They do add a really nice touch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a few. Ill get better pics later. Good luck man.
hey man, that looks awesome. I just ordered a set. they should be in by end of week hopefully so I have something to do for a bit of the weekend.

Did your bike come with black pegs and heel guard or did you paint them on your own? I just got a quote for powder coating mine, curious if you just sprayed yours and how they are holding up?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ordered the kit in red. doing a black and red theme on the bike.

How long ago did you spray the pegs and heel guard? has it help up or do you have to touch it up? just worried about flaking/chipping etc.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I ordered the kit in red. doing a black and red theme on the bike.

How long ago did you spray the pegs and heel guard? has it help up or do you have to touch it up? just worried about flaking/chipping etc.
Nice. You'll love it. It's purely an aesthetic mod as it doesn't hurt or help. Minor chipping here and there from rocks. I just touch it up. Had it for a few months.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh man, I'm so upset!!! I called oppracing to get a shipping quote and order the set of hoses for my bike and they said someone would give me a shout back and they never did. so two days later I just say f**k it and I ordered the kit off their website without knowing what shipping would be. so I placed the order and got confirmation of my order but never received a new email from them with the final shipping cost added to my bill and a link to pay. so 2 days later I wanted to know what was going on so I called them. they said I didn't pay my pay pal invoice which was never sent to me. so they emailed me the invoice, paid, got a call two minutes later saying they sold the last one within the last few days and if I want to order one it could be 6-8 weeks.... so I got refunded now back at square 1.... so mad, was wanting to put them on this weekend!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Oh man, I'm so upset!!! I called oppracing to get a shipping quote and order the set of hoses for my bike and they said someone would give me a shout back and they never did. so two days later I just say f**k it and I ordered the kit off their website without knowing what shipping would be. so I placed the order and got confirmation of my order but never received a new email from them with the final shipping cost added to my bill and a link to pay. so 2 days later I wanted to know what was going on so I called them. they said I didn't pay my pay pal invoice which was never sent to me. so they emailed me the invoice, paid, got a call two minutes later saying they sold the last one within the last few days and if I want to order one it could be 6-8 weeks.... so I got refunded now back at square 1.... so mad, was wanting to put them on this weekend!
What! Damn. That sucks. What was your priced shipped. Ill look around to see if there are any deals. Red right?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah red but not to worry I am contacting as many dealers as possible. I was getting them shipped to the door for $290 cdn. but that also included the set of good quality stainless steel clamps. thanks anyways but no big deal, I can order them if I really want. I ordered some new CRG levers instead, should be in by next Friday if I am lucky but definitely early the next week. and I just took my pegs and heel guards off for powder coating. found a guy right near me that said he'd do them for around $25 which is super cheap. so they should be red by next week also!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've always had good results with both Spiegler lines and Samco hoses. Both are great upgrades. The Samco should help keep your temps down a bit, not that that's an issue on these things.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts