Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Is the only way to do this with a speedo healer? my speedometer is 6mph off. I.E. speed limit is 40, my speedometer needs to say 46. It's not horrible just to do the math and save $114 for the healer but I'm just wondering if there is any other way to fix this, cheaper, free, etc...? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
goto motomummy.com and get the speedoDRD.. $70.. or so. works great. easy to set up.

·
Registered
630 Posts
go back to stock sprocket sizes..

that is if indeed you changed the sprocket sizes. if not then speedohealer :(

·
Registered
661 Posts
My bikes say that I'm going several mph faster than what I really am but I don't mind since I use them on the streets. It keeps me in check. So whenever speed limit is 40...I'll do 40 on my bike and in the back of my head I know I won't get pulled over for speeding :)

·
Registered
661 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
I just swapped out exhaust and still have the stock sprocket setup and I just notice that my speedometer is now reading higher. I dont know if it was because I unplugged the ecu a couple of times or when I unplugged the dash when I changed out my HIDS a couple of days ago. I dont see why any of this should effect that. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
999 Posts
like already said SpeedoDRD is the way i went, but i had to splice mine into the speed sensor but was super easy. i could help you out if need be
is it cuz you had to buy the universal one?

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
They all read faster than you actual speed. You either live with it or buy a speedo healer. I've got a Healtech on my '07. Works great and was plug-n-play.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
like already said SpeedoDRD is the way i went, but i had to splice mine into the speed sensor but was super easy. i could help you out if need be
you shouldnt of had to splice anything. they are plug and play.

·
Registered
999 Posts
you shouldnt of had to splice anything. They are plug and play.
they dont have one for the 05-06 so you have to buy the universal one.

·
Registered
999 Posts

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
they also dont make them for the 05/06
I assumed that the guy who created this thread needed to fix the speedo on his '07 as that is what is listed in his profile. The ones I have work on the '07 and '08 ZX6R, the Ninja 650R and several others. I have the KA-001.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I assumed that the guy who created this thread needed to fix the speedo on his '07 as that is what is listed in his profile. The ones I have work on the '07 and '08 ZX6R, the Ninja 650R and several others. I have the KA-001.
I was looking at getting one thats why

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
goto motomummy.com and get the speedoDRD.. $70.. or so. works great. easy to set up.
Thanks man, I bought this. Waiting for it to ship now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts