Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Im looking at upgrading my zx6r speedo. Its malfunctioning and Im thinking a digital readout speedo might be a good thing, or something with a newer look at least.

Is the 98 Gauge cluster a direct bolt/plug in?
What years are interchangeable?
Please let me know

Oh, and if you have one, even a 97, with lower KM's on it and want to sell it, then please let me know, [email protected]

Thanks
Cheers
Ron

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
you gotta do some special stuff if you change out the odometer in the US at least

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bike has low kms on it now. I just dont want to buy something with higher mileage on it and end up dropping the value
What special stuff do you have to do in the states?

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
i know, for a car at least, if your odometer breaks or something you have to get some paperwork and crap and let it be known that the mileage is not right etc etc...it's mainly for reselling it...so you can't pull a fast one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, no worries about that in Australia tho.. not that I know of. the system is pretty rudamentary when it comes to transfer of ownership of bikes and stuff, mileage etc

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive heard that because it it has a speed sensor cable to the front wheel, conversion to any of the newer zx6r speedos is a HUGE hassle.....if anyones willing to do a write up PLEASE do so, i'd love to upgrade my old cluster to a newer 636 one or something

1 - 7 of 7 Posts