Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Director of Moderation
10,497 Posts
Seriously, have you not read anything on the comments. I said was not lining. No, my friends were on 6’s and 1000’s. Either way, none of that even matters. The zx-6rtoo speed is 175mph You’re talking 11mph under what a gsxr 600 top speed is. Therefore brings up my whole reasoning looking for help. This site is historically and at the same time pathetic. All anyone who has commented on my question has done nothing but been a smart ass, asked me the same question over and over, asked the same question but in a different way to make them look smart. But no help at all.

Man thanks so much, you’re the first person that has actually tried to help instead of acting like I’m just stupid. I’ll do this as soon as I get home. The last owner did tell me he had just added both front and rear sprockets so this could be the issue.
Well I try, but unless the sprockets are way off from stock size, it's hard to diagnose if there is a problem. There's not much info to go by and there could be several things that "might" be wrong if it really isn't accelerating. You also said you weren't at full throttle also.

For the record, the top speed of these bikes is definitely not 175 mph. And a GSXR600 is MOST DEFINITELY not 186 mph! lol Pretty much all 600s top out around 155-160 mph stock. You can make them go faster of course, like anything else, but it takes quite a bit of work to get them above 170-175.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I had a 2013 for a couple of months, traded on my '14. It would defiantly run quicker than 104. Does indeed sound like you have a problem but needs careful diagnosis not bandaids. Solutions have already been pointed out but a good consistent approach is needed. My suggestion is to remove the Power Commander, check the gearing and since the bike is new to you but 8 years old change the fluids and go thru anything that needs to be set right. Sounds like you know the previous owner but was it stored? Could it have a mouse nest in the airbox? There are lots of things that could cause a problem. As has been pointed out 11 to 12 thousand RPM in 6th doesn't equate to 104 MPH. Last I checked can't do a speedo healer on the 2013+ ZX6R as they get their speed indication from the front sensor ring. Somewhere on this site there is a link where you can download a service manual for your bike.

Another point is who were you riding with? My 600s were all quick but pretty much for rapid acceleration above 2nd needed to be run thru the gears shifting near the redline. LOL if you are riding with liter bikes then above 100mph they will run away from you. It is amazing to watch 600s and 1000s racing together. When they hit a long straight the 1000s just run away! I'm not one for big speed numbers (officially I've never excited the speed limit) they usually get you into trouble. I like great corner speeds and great handling bikes. That is the forte of the ZX6R, great performance at real world speeds and great handling. A track day is a great place to learn and explore your bikes capabilities in a controlled and safe environment - well safer than the street.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts