Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals, i recently purchased a 2013 ZX-6R and i was riding today with a few friends and we got on a long straight road so we hammered down. Welllll, everyone ran off and left ne because my bike would not get over 104mph. Yes, I had it on the fast mode. does anyone know what in the world could be wrong. I put a stage 5 power commander on my bike a few days after buying it.

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
lol....

first clue..........
"stage 5 power commander"

second clue.......
straight lining "hammer down"

I give up, just sell it and go buy a leader bike.......

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Ask for your money back.

Reactions: riverszzr and KevA

·
Director of Moderation
10,506 Posts
lol....

first clue..........

second clue.......

LOL I was thinking along the same lines! The problem is with that stage 5 PC! Also I didn't realize there is a "fast" mode on these bikes. How do I activate that on mine? Thought it was already plenty fast LOL

·
Director of Moderation
10,506 Posts
Hey guys/gals, i recently purchased a 2013 ZX-6R and i was riding today with a few friends and we got on a long straight road so we hammered down. Welllll, everyone ran off and left ne because my bike would not get over 104mph. Yes, I had it on the fast mode. does anyone know what in the world could be wrong. I put a stage 5 power commander on my bike a few days after buying it.
Hard to help out when you haven't given any useful information to diagnose the problem. What RPM and gear were you in? Was it bouncing off the rev limiter at 104 mph or just not accelerating anymore despite being at lower RPM? What sprockets do you have on?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL I was thinking along the same lines! The problem is with that stage 5 PC! Also I didn't realize there is a "fast" mode on these bikes. How do I activate that on mine? Thought it was already plenty fast LOL
Yes, there is a “F” for fast and a “L” for low on the 2013 zx-6r. There are also 3 differ t traction control options you can chose from. If you’d like a picture for proof I’m happy to show you. LOL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hard to help out when you haven't given any useful information to diagnose the problem. What RPM and gear were you in? Was it bouncing off the rev limiter at 104 mph or just not accelerating anymore despite being at lower RPM? What sprockets do you have on?
I was in 6th gear but I was not red lining at all. It just would not get over 104. And the sprockets I’m not sure on, they were on the bike when I bought them. The guy I bought it from did mention he just added a new sprocket but didNot say what kind.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol....

first clue..........

second clue.......

What’s wrong with my PC? And when. I said we hammered down I meant we just got on the throttle harder than just riding around. So there for I was not “straight lining.”

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes, there is a “F” for fast and a “L” for low on the 2013 zx-6r. There are also 3 differ t traction control options you can chose from. If you’d like a picture for proof I’m happy to show you. LOL.
You can take a Picture as proof but you might look an idiot when it says in the Owners Manual F is Sport Mode NOT Fast Mode :rolleyes:

What’s wrong with my PC? And when. I said we hammered down I meant we just got on the throttle harder than just riding around. So there for I was not “straight lining.”
Pretty sure you were Straight Lining it unless that straight road you got on below had a bend in it lol
and we got on a long straight road so we hammered down.
Bored Now this is to easy 🛵

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can take a Picture as proof but you might look an idiot when it says in the Owners Manual F is Sport Mode NOT Fast Mode :rolleyes:

Pretty sure you were Straight Lining it unless that straight road you got on below had a bend in it lol

Bored Now this is to easy 🛵
Ooohhhh, hell. Did I or did I not mention the year of my bike? Yes I did. Therefore it’s a used bike and typically with it being 9 years old it doesn’t come with an owner manual. Damn I wished I would have thought about that. Dude you’re way to smart to be on here😉. Secondly, I thought you guys that call yourself riders would know what I meant when I say fast mode. But look dude, ultimately it was my fault. I should have spoken on your terms I’m guessing so you could have understood me better, correct? Lol. I’m not an idiot I’ve been riding for 17+ years. Again, I was not lining, I pay attention to this stuff. As my buddies were pulling away from me I would pull the throttle back a little more to see if I just wasn’t giving it enough, did it a little more and still nothing so I let up. It was like I got to a certain rpm’s and it stayed there. Simple as that. Dude, I’m not on here to argue or to see who has a bigger dick when it comes to bike knowledge, hints the reasonI asked the question. Hoping that it had maybe happen to someone else and they had a quick fix. I surly didn’t write it to be criticized over something that I needed help on. Pretty positive by the way you talk you have never needed help with anything. So good for you guy. 👏🤣

·
Director of Moderation
10,506 Posts
I was in 6th gear but I was not red lining at all. It just would not get over 104. And the sprockets I’m not sure on, they were on the bike when I bought them. The guy I bought it from did mention he just added a new sprocket but didNot say what kind.
So what was the rpm that it wouldn't go beyond then? Also does the bike seem to run fine otherwise, like at lower speeds?

·
Registered
8,723 Posts
Ooohhhh, hell. Did I or did I not mention the year of my bike? Yes I did. Therefore it’s a used bike and typically with it being 9 years old it doesn’t come with an owner manual. Damn I wished I would have thought about that. Dude you’re way to smart to be on here😉. Secondly, I thought you guys that call yourself riders would know what I meant when I say fast mode. But look dude, ultimately it was my fault. I should have spoken on your terms I’m guessing so you could have understood me better, correct? Lol. I’m not an idiot I’ve been riding for 17+ years. Again, I was not lining, I pay attention to this stuff. As my buddies were pulling away from me I would pull the throttle back a little more to see if I just wasn’t giving it enough, did it a little more and still nothing so I let up. It was like I got to a certain rpm’s and it stayed there. Simple as that. Dude, I’m not on here to argue or to see who has a bigger dick when it comes to bike knowledge, hints the reasonI asked the question. Hoping that it had maybe happen to someone else and they had a quick fix. I surly didn’t write it to be criticized over something that I needed help on. Pretty positive by the way you talk you have never needed help with anything. So good for you guy. 👏🤣
You do realize you can usually download the owners manual and the shop service manual for any motorcycle in recent history........... if you didn't, then now you know!!!!!!!!

There is no such thing as a stage 5 power commander!!!!!!! It is a PCV, and just because you have one on the bike does not mean it is programmed correctly or adding any positive benefit to your bike...... also the 5 does not represent stages.... but hey you go ahead and take a picture of the 5 stages you think you have....

you were indeed straightlining it

and now you come back saying hammerdown, but yet you are able to twist the throttle further?????? So were you to max throttle opening or not?

@ 104 you likely could have been in 3rd gear and actually accelerated! but we still don't know what gearing you have, maybe it was some stunters bike with +10 or something stupid, or maybe someone threw on some stupid tall or stupid low gearing for other reasons

your lack of detail and even bigger lack of accountability is troublesome

Reactions: KevA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So what was the rpm that it wouldn't go beyond then? Also does the bike seem to run fine otherwise, like at lower speeds?
it stayed around 12-13. The bike runs wonderfully other than this ones issue. The bike raises up in second gear very easily. the owner before me said he put new sprockets on it. He may have went down a tooth or two.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
So like why did you buy the bike? The ZX6R is not all about top-end. By the way it redlines at 16k so you weren't anywhere near redline.

Were you friends on Harleys?

Reactions: KevA

·
Director of Moderation
10,506 Posts
it stayed around 12-13. The bike runs wonderfully other than this ones issue. The bike raises up in second gear very easily. the owner before me said he put new sprockets on it. He may have went down a tooth or two.
Hmm....12-13k rpm in 6th gear should be a lot more 104 mph unless the previous owner changed the drive ratios significantly. Go look at the sprockets and see what you have on. Stock should be 16T for the front and 43T for the rear. For the front one you'll have to take the sprocket cover off to look at it. The rear is easy. If you don't feel like counting teeth, most will tell you based on the part number...for example with Vortex sprockets you'll see something like "520-43" indicating that it's a 520 pitch and 43 teeth.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So like why did you buy the bike? The ZX6R is not all about top-end. By the way it redlines at 16k so you weren't anywhere near redline.

Were you friends on Harleys?
Seriously, have you not read anything on the comments. I said was not lining. No, my friends were on 6’s and 1000’s. Either way, none of that even matters. The zx-6rtoo speed is 175mph You’re talking 11mph under what a gsxr 600 top speed is. Therefore brings up my whole reasoning looking for help. This site is historically and at the same time pathetic. All anyone who has commented on my question has done nothing but been a smart ass, asked me the same question over and over, asked the same question but in a different way to make them look smart. But no help at all.
Hmm....12-13k rpm in 6th gear should be a lot more 104 mph unless the previous owner changed the drive ratios significantly. Go look at the sprockets and see what you have on. Stock should be 16T for the front and 43T for the rear. For the front one you'll have to take the sprocket cover off to look at it. The rear is easy. If you don't feel like counting teeth, most will tell you based on the part number...for example with Vortex sprockets you'll see something like "520-43" indicating that it's a 520 pitch and 43 teeth.
Man thanks so much. I’ll do this first thing when I get home. You’re actually the first person thst has given any helpful information regarding my issue. Everyone else wants to

Man thanks so much, you’re the first person that has actually tried to help instead of acting like I’m just stupid. I’ll do this as soon as I get home. The last owner did tell me he had just added both front and rear sprockets so this could be the issue.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
The zx-6rtoo speed is 175mph You’re talking 11mph under what a gsxr 600 top speed is.
LOL. No it's not. BTW if you're expecting to be doing these speeds on a public road you're a bloody idiot.

Reactions: riverszzr and KevA
1 - 20 of 22 Posts