Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have changed the sprockets on my zx6r p7f ( -1 front, + 2 rear). I am aware that the speedo will read incorrectly, but does this also affect the mileage?
I'm guessing it does, just looking for confirmation.

·
Director of Moderation
10,524 Posts
Yes it does. It will read higher than actual.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Doesn't 11-16 ZX6R has the speed reader on the wheel? So a speedo healer is not required for the newer ZX6R? that's what I heard from other people...
That is correct. It's also a part of the tcs/abs.

edit: 13+ don't need a speedohealer

·
Registered
11,663 Posts
Doesn't 11-16 ZX6R has the speed reader on the wheel? So a speedo healer is not required for the newer ZX6R? that's what I heard from other people...
no... '09-'12 are on the countershaft sprocket. '13-current are on the front wheel sensor.

His '07 will need the healer.

·
Director of Moderation
10,524 Posts
no... '09-'12 are on the countershaft sprocket. '13-current are on the front wheel sensor.

His '07 will need the healer.
Does the speed and mileage get calculated based on stock sprocket ratios, tire size, etc. then? Does the speed and mileage get affected by different tire diameters? I would think it is, if it's all calculated based on OEM stuff.

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Does the speed and mileage get calculated based on stock sprocket ratios, tire size, etc. then? Does the speed and mileage get affected by different tire diameters? I would think it is, if it's all calculated based on OEM stuff.
Yes, the speed is calculated based on the tire and sprocket sizes, or you can also use GPS to find the correct speed and calculate the offset.

The second part of this video shows how the SpeedoHealer app calculates the offset based on sprocket and tire sizes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts