Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with speed camera detectors specifically for motorcycles? Am seriously thinking of buying and installing one.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
i wouldn't bother, i had one and i never use to see the little led that blinks when a camara is coming up, also has locations where camaras have been removed which caused unneccessary braking looking for a camara that didn't exist. mk1 eyeball is the best way in my opinion.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Got to agree with Steve, if you're looking out for cops, you're also looking out for everything else hazard wise, stay alert, be alert, what the F*&k is a lert?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
You can get a ticket just for having one, no? From what I've heard they don't work real good anyway and like Steve said, it would be pretty hard to see the alert. You'd spend more time looking at the machine than looking out for random objects and cars trying to kill you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thinking about this one
http://www.speed-cheetah-uk.co.uk/vizalert-300.htm

however sharp your eyes, can never beat a laser. Saw the cop car way ahead on a motorway, braked, still got caught. two young lady cops, maybe couldn't be deployed for anything better. makes me really mad. this country has gone totally overboard about speed because of pressure groups. Studies clearly show that the rate of decline in road deaths has actually come down since the year speed cameras were introduced. when will anyone ever listen to the evidence. Prior to that, there were year on year very decent decreases in road deaths based on public education.

Slow erosion of civil liberties over here. The UK has the highest number of cameras (of all types) per capita monitoring your movements than anywhere on earth.

The other day, a judge called for all people to have their dna in the database. Sick if you ask me. Someone hacks into a system, substitutes a report, saying it's your dna. You haven't got a chance. All of us here know the government sucks at IT projects.

Anyway going way off track here. Ranting is good for the soul....

·
Registered
316 Posts
They will NEVER do away with the speed cameras even if the accident rate fell to Zero.It's a money making object that keeps the Government coffers full to the brim.It wouldn't be that bad if the money was used for the up keep of the roads,but it isn't,it's used for anything but.

At the end of the day if you stick to the speed limits you won't partake in donating to the Governments bank account :laugh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts