Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm going to be changing the air filter on my 05 636 and figured while I was down there I'd do the plugs too. So here's the plugs I ordered just wanted to get some conformation that these will work.

Spark]Spark Plugs (1) Electrical Street Bike Parts Plugs (1) Electrical Street Bike Parts

Let me know what you guys think.

On another note, i just took the bike around the block for a quick ride (still cold here,40 degrees f). the exhaust pipe seemed to get extra hot, i'm a noob still to bikes so just curious if it should get that hot after a 2min ride. bike temp didn't get hot at all 140-160. also there was a new gasket installed on the lower part of the exhaust pipe and it almost seems like something is burning from around it, not sure if its just the new gasket settling in or if i should be concerned. sorry for all the noob questions and thanks in advance for the help. bike has 19*** on it.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
So I'm going to be changing the air filter on my 05 636 and figured while I was down there I'd do the plugs too. So here's the plugs I ordered just wanted to get some conformation that these will work.

Spark]Spark Plugs (1) Electrical Street Bike Parts Plugs (1) Electrical Street Bike Parts

Let me know what you guys think.

On another note, i just took the bike around the block for a quick ride (still cold here,40 degrees f). the exhaust pipe seemed to get extra hot, i'm a noob still to bikes so just curious if it should get that hot after a 2min ride. bike temp didn't get hot at all 140-160. also there was a new gasket installed on the lower part of the exhaust pipe and it almost seems like something is burning from around it, not sure if its just the new gasket settling in or if i should be concerned. sorry for all the noob questions and thanks in advance for the help. bike has 19*** on it.
those are some good plugs. im runnin the same set in my bike. good easy way to know your bike is firing on all 4 cylinders is to take your hand with a "good pair of gloves on" and touch all 4 header pipes to see. if you feel one is hotter than normal then it could be a spark or air/fuel mixture problem. the gasket your refering to is the mid pipe gasket and its perfectly normal for a new gasket to smoke a lil. its just letin you know its settling.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Running the same plugs, didn't notice any difference but i changed them at 9k miles. Get your self a deep socket and a long extention.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it normal for the mid pipe to get very hot? That's where I noticed it. I stuck my hand down there to make sure the gasket was holding and just brushed the pipe with my hand and burned a knuckle pretty good. Just wasn't sure if it was normal to be that hot.

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Is it normal for the mid pipe to get very hot? That's where I noticed it. I stuck my hand down there to make sure the gasket was holding and just brushed the pipe with my hand and burned a knuckle pretty good. Just wasn't sure if it was normal to be that hot.
yea that mid pipe gets pretty hot man, sorry to hear about the knuckle but im sure you no now not to do that anymore lol...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks for all the input zx! I wont worry about it then. Now if my plugs will hurry up and get here before it gets to warm I can have my bike all ready to go for the first nice day.

·
Registered
17,962 Posts
I'm running the same plugs, I can get twice the miles on these as the stock plugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts