Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
go fast? i mean like, real fast. like what your bike is made of fast.

most of the time i am shitting in my pants looking for cops cause i have 2 tickets on this bike already and the insurance is a wee bit expensive.

the only times i really gun it is when i'm on a freeway to be honest. most other times i am going the speed limit.

when/where do you guys make it go

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
i keep it close to the limit always for standard riding. I open it up a little bit more on the highway here in atlanta, but not speeeed, just like 80-90 in a 55...but there are usually people going faster than that here and i only do that if i'm in a hury and where i know there arent cops. every on-ramp i pass i check it for cops etc...very cautious. 0 tickets on the bike, 1 ticket in the car...the day i graduated high school :lol:

but i have my fun in "the mountains" here...they are twisties that are always full of bikes and cops dont really shoot there. even there i go fast through turns, not really top speed fast. i do love accelerating on on-ramps and after toll booths though. like 0-80 WOT. i enjoy accelerating to the speed limit hard, but too far beyond is asking for trouble.

oh, and the track is > *

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
through the hills with my mate hayden on his zx12r, try to keep up on the straights through the tight twisties im all over him.. where we ride is 60-70 limit but we do go 140-150 on the straights

·
Registered
900 Posts
I keep to about the speed limit +20mph if I'm overtaking a line of cars might quickly break 100mph. Never do any sustained speeds cos thats when you're most likely to get done (and in North Wales they're looking for you). If I want to give it some, I'll catch the ferry to the Isle of Man and ride with impunity over the mountain.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Every chance I get but then again I know of few placed where LEO very rarely ever patrols, but still checkin' like a paranoid fool.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I speed some of the places some of the time and ride slow most of the places most of the time!

Around town I go the flow of traffic.. so if traffic is speeding so am I.

On country roads I have been known to break the law!

On the track I'm balls out! 99% of the time

·
Registered
553 Posts
I run my bike every chance I get but I tend to stop at 120 or so cause it's just stupid beyond that. I'm more into corners than anything. Going to the track will get you in good habits as far as riding on the street goes because street riding sucks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
i stick to the limit on the motorway and in the town centre but i live in rural england and im surrounded by great b roads its just too tempting i give it large as much as possible,every ride to work is a race against the clock.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm fairly cautious on the normal roads, and on the freeways. But when I go into the mountains I let loose a little. At the moment there are way too many cops to go top speed everywhere.

·
Registered
73 Posts
always watching, but i try and stay close to the speed limit when im alone, then it depends on who and how the people im riding with. never crazy fast for to long but i do like to try and wheelie. the fastest ive seen was 141 twice, a friend and i was racing from a stop to 140 was fun.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
when i had my 03 gixxer 1k i would go out very late around 1:30 am and see how much i can make my speedo read 186. on the thruway straights where there is no radar. I also have a open road near my house that is good for 175.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts