Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, well...

So, as it has always been, the new generation of a couple of bikes are coming out. Here are a few that struck my interest as of late, lets review them and discuss. Also feel free to add any other bikes you feel worth mentioning :)

1.) Honda CBR 1000rr: All looks good on this one. Styling is clean and progressive. Not much detail yet but development riders are said to have commented on how much better it was than the current one. Engine is suppose to be ballistic.

2.) Kawasaki ZX10-R: No detail yet, but from the looks of it there is lots of potential with this one. Note the funny front blinker arrangement. The
aggressive bodywork and radical design are hate or love it. Should be a real performer too. That muffler is, uh, well it'll get replaced.

3.) KTM RC8: Lots of waiting on this one, especially from me. Creamy LC8 v-twin is a dream motor. 120 to the wheels. Light and tight, with top shelf components and top-notch build quality. Should be epic.

·
Registered
299 Posts
lovin' the 1000RR, not so much the ZX-10 (sorry to say)

For the KTM, I'll be impressed when it proves itself in MotoGP or AMA perhaps.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
The CBR and 10R are fugly I'm sorry. I think the 10R will grow on me though, I bet it's awesome in real life if you ignore that horrid exhaust. The KTM is damn gorgeous!

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
question: What happened to the whole "mass centralization" thing? I thought center-up pipes were smart and expected to see most bikes heading in that direction.

What's up with going back to side pipes but making them "futuristic" looking?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
the cbr looks like it's gone face first into a wall, i don't like it. The ninja would be alright with a diff exhaust but i'm likin the ktm. would have to see them in real life tho to get a better idea

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've seen a couple of blurry shots on MCN's website showing the front of the bike in motion and it looks a little like a 1098 in the headlights. The kawi i think is gorgeous. I heard the reason why the muffler is so big is cause of all the emissions hardware needed for EU3 compliance. They figure you'll just buy a slip-on anyways, and I think it's a better solution than the GSXR's and R6's pre-chamber designs where the muffler is just a glorified exhaust tip. The KTM is like I said epic...:hail::hail::hail::hail:

Oh and here is the new GSX-R 600 again with the muffler, sheesh...

And in white which i think is the hottest color !!!

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
love the new look of the zx10.. Would loose the crappy can tho

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where is the exh on the zx-10??? Kinda hard to see
I heard that the undertails are going away with most if not all manufacturers because of venturis a rider and passenger create at lower speeds and could end up breathing fumes...... blah..... i say ride fast and tuck and you'll be fine. One of the main reasons i got my bike was coz of the undertail!

And the Desmosedici!!!!!!!!!! HOLY MOLY !!!! I thought the 1098 was hottt

EDIT: Ok one of the pics never loaded... i see it now.... ugh not too pretty

·
Registered
900 Posts
Not struck on the KTM, the CBR is too snub nosed, the Desmoseidici is not as gorgeous as the 916 (but it is hot) and the ZX10 looks ok apart from the exhaust, mind you just about every modern exhaust is cack due to euro compliance, ok in the UK if own a pre-07 registered bike as you don't need a cat for your mot,if its 07 onwards make sure if you have an after market exhaust that you keep the original also insist on it if you buy second hand or come mot time 2010 onwards expect failure and big bill for oem system. Europrats are killing biking :rant:rant:rant

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Not struck on the KTM, the CBR is too snub nosed, the Desmoseidici is not as gorgeous as the 916 (but it is hot) and the ZX10 looks ok apart from the exhaust, mind you just about every modern exhaust is cack due to euro compliance, ok in the UK if own a pre-07 registered bike as you don't need a cat for your mot,if its 07 onwards make sure if you have an after market exhaust that you keep the original also insist on it if you buy second hand or come mot time 2010 onwards expect failure and big bill for oem system. Europrats are killing biking :rant:rant:rant
It's a paradox really. My emotions agree with you cause it's tainting the purity of sport bikes. On the other hand though, as a responsible biker and citizen of this planet, I must come to terms that my "fun toy" can pollute quite a bit. So the choice is simple really, especially for manufactures.

Would you take a loss of ~5hp if you knew your bike was better for the planet and cleaner running all around?

I sure as hell would! Just fix the EFI glitches PLEASE!!! Leaning out fuel is only gonna get you so far before it actually starts ruining the experience...

Anyways back to the subject, check out this new paint sceme for the new R6. I dig the repli-racer sponsor look with the stickers at the bottom. Funny how it's all Yamaha products:)

And the new YZF-R125 as in 125cc! Sweet! Europe only, though. Booo!

Also this has to be my favourite chopper of all time.
:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Ducati is a beast!
The Honda is nice, shame about the squashed nose though.
The 10 is also very nice but it looks like its had its face stretched down towards the front fender.
Why do they have to come up with wierd designs? why cant we just have a simple, agressive looking bike? I think we should submit some designs to the big players.
The R6 is the best looking 08 bike imo, the chopper is wicked too.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
lovin' the 1000RR, not so much the ZX-10 (sorry to say)

For the KTM, I'll be impressed when it proves itself in MotoGP or AMA perhaps.
There's no V-twin class in motogp and it wouldn't stand a chance against 4 cylinder bikes:dowhat In the superbike series they might have a chance if they take advantage of the 1200cc rule, but even then its a stretch:O

1 - 20 of 57 Posts