Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a result of my crash at Jennings, and the complete obliteration of my fairings, my bike is a naked streetfighter once again. I ended up not being able to use the first headlight I got so instead I found the same ones I had used before ($20.00 Autozone driving lights) and fit them in a different location.

Brohem's bike also finally got up and running and he was pretty happy he was able to get it to start.
Sorry about the lousy pics, my camera is a P.O.S . Some times it focuses, and other times not. I'll try to get some decent photos with a better camera.

I'll try to get some daylight pics tomorrow as well. The lights are actually pretty decent at night.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
nice dint in the tank..

·
butiwasgoingtotashistatio ntopickupsumpowerconvrtr
2,762 Posts
dang...some serious carnage there. good they're drivable though

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I love 03/04 street fighters. Yours looks awesome. Are you keeping it like that or just until you get new fairings?

The other one is tickling my fancy without the rear tail for some reason. I really like the look of it right now. I wouldn't change a thing. There's something wrong with me.

·
Registered
11,637 Posts
are you putting it back together or just gunna leave it half done for strretfighter look

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah it's weird, but I really like the look of the bare subframe with no tail on it too. It almost fits the whole "Mad Max" theme we got going on:laugh. As far as keeping it this way, I'm waiting on some race bodywork, which i'll soon put on, and some other little things. It's so much fun to ride though! Wind in your face, and it lightens up the bike a bit, eh:) Maybe If I has a better headlight and some dirtbike bars on it.... It would be a real fun machine then... Wonder how long I could keep my license for:devious

Anyways thanks for the kind words and i'll keep ya'll updated as i'm not done with the bike yet...

The theme now is "Modern Cafe-Ace"

Hope to do a couple of things that show you don't need a lot of dough to build a clean bike. The next couple of posts will see me going to Home-Depot (my self-implicated sponsor) Scouring around that place gives me lot's of these moments- :idea.

Next will be some mirrors as currently I can't see the Grandma driving at me with the look of death in her eyes....

Updates Soon!

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Would be sweet if you can figure out a way to keep the subframe fairingless. But you have to work out tail lights and blinkers and such. But I like that look till the point of embarrassing. Is it a 04 6RR frame or has it been painted by the way?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My bike is a genuine 2004 RR homologation model, the red bike's frame is just painted black. In my opinion all 03-04's should have had the black chassis bits. The bike looks so much meaner that way...

But yes, we're already conjuring up some ideas for the tail end treatment....

Keep Posted!

·
Registered
69 Posts
now just flip the clip ones. right one to the left side and left to the right and both upside down.

and tilt them more forward. it makes very street fighter style handlebar position (almoust straight).

also the driving position is better for streets.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
At least you've got it rideable:thumbup

BTW the camera issue I think is not one of failing to focus, but the shutter speed dropping too slow for a sharp hand-held shot. If you post the exif file (or just type the shutter speed, apature, shooting mode and ISO and make/model of the camera) from one of the blurry pics, I can probably give you some pointers on how to avoid the issue:)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
nevermind, the exif file is still attached to the pics (usually when folks resize pics they loose the exif data).

The last pic was with a 1 second shutter speed which is longer than probably anyone alive can hand hold. The apature looks to have been nearly wide open at f2.9 so the only real option (other than more light) is to boost the iso a bit (you'll get more noise, but less blurring). Your ISO for those pics was 100, try it at 400 or so and see what ya get, be sure to use the flash if you are not already. About the only things a better camera would improve for these pics is you might get better high iso performance (digi slr) and optical image stabilization (lots of cameras) will allow slower shutter speeds (still, 1/5th of a second is about the max with IS). Try to keep the shutter speed on your camera 1/15th or faster (1/60th or so would be better still if you can get enough light in).

·
Registered
227 Posts
hay ren -jr what model is your 636 the green and black one ? it did come that way didnt it ????? i streetfightered my 06 636 this winter to do some fairing repair and was thinkink about going with the black and green look . do you have any pics when it was all together??? here is a pic of mine the one in the middle by the way that was a couple days ago im up in canada it was in the single digits

·
Registered
227 Posts
never mind on the model i see it above

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry to hear bout the crash, but it def. gives the bike an aggressive look.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts