Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the so cal guys that are still riding even in the rain today/this week be extra careful and vigilant. make sure to give yourself enough space to slow down and watch out for the large puddles in flooding areas. it was rough getting to work this morning on the 405 and im only going 30 miles to work, can only imagine how hard it would be traveling even farther, and to think this is only the beginning.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Appreciate your concern beware the of others
i was almost hyper aware this morning, the wind was the worst part

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just add my A-Star's plastic rain suit and I am virtually watertight. Been riding in rain (when it occurs) for years now.

Get yourself a pinlock visor for this time of year. You won't regret it.

Other than that, business as usual.

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
I'll never forget the time I was coming back from Bako, I lived in Ontario at the time, so I'd been on the road for an hour and a half already. And the mother of all rain storms hit when I was on the 210 going through Azusa; it was raining so hard that all I could do was follow the vague outlines of the taillights in front of me. Needless to say I was very not dry when I finally got home.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
I just add my A-Star's plastic rain suit and I am virtually watertight. Been riding in rain (when it occurs) for years now.

Get yourself a pinlock visor for this time of year. You won't regret it.

Other than that, business as usual.
pinlock visor? gunna have too look that one up.

i got some frog toggs as a gift for xmas, the pants work great the top jacket not so much lol

I dont ride in the rain. I hate getting wet.
so do i but i didnt have a choice gotta get to work

I'll never forget the time I was coming back from Bako, I lived in Ontario at the time, so I'd been on the road for an hour and a half already. And the mother of all rain storms hit when I was on the 210 going through Azusa; it was raining so hard that all I could do was follow the vague outlines of the taillights in front of me. Needless to say I was very not dry when I finally got home.
damm that sucks, i hit something similar riding back from mammoth last year, got hit with a random down pour that was dropping hail. luckily i came accross one of those turn offs with a bathroom that i was able ti die under. drove my bike right onto the sidewalk and under an over hang.

·
Super Moderator
5,458 Posts
damm that sucks, i hit something similar riding back from mammoth last year, got hit with a random down pour that was dropping hail. luckily i came accross one of those turn offs with a bathroom that i was able ti die under. drove my bike right onto the sidewalk and under an over hang.
I hit hail going through Palmdale once, that was a freak storm. Sheltered under an overpass till the hail stopped, then got to a gas station to wait out the worst of the rain.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Appreciate the post and advise. I ride 20 miles on the 405 daily for work rain or shine, but this "el niño " rain is something else. I'm using my car right now lol. As mentioned already, spacing and distance is key when riding in the rain. Be careful everyone, ride safe!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yea i rode to work today at NB San Diego. My NWU bottoms where a little damp in the shins thats it. I heard it was worse in LA. All i can say is it seems its less the rain thats problem and more so these driver who rarely experience rainy conditions. Also when switching lanes the white marks are a little slick out here.

·
Registered
11,662 Posts
Coming back from Laguna Seca the Sunday of WSBK/MotoAmerica I hit a torrential downpour coming into Santa Maria that had me slowing down to almost 35 on the freeway because I couldn't see shit... Ended up pulling into a motel 6 for the night...

Pulled the bike into the room and let her sleep inside that night. :D

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Y'all crazy for riding. All the debris. Man hole covers popped out. Flooding. Random puddles. Dirt slides. Accidents like crazy. Shit ain't worth your life, let alone the insurance deductible.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exaggerating maybe but tomorrow will be worse, i work about two blocks from sepulveda and ventura blvd ehere todays flooding closed toads...who says a zx6r wont go through a few inches of water lol but setiously it sucked luckily for me i have my army issued wet gear to keep me dry and some $15 cycle gear boot protectors. Stay safe everyone

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Y'all crazy for riding. All the debris. Man hole covers popped out. Flooding. Random puddles. Dirt slides. Accidents like crazy. Shit ain't worth your life, let alone the insurance deductible.
I conpletly understand why one wouldnt ride but its my only transportation and my boss isnt going to take hey its raining and im cool so inride a bike as an excuse from missing work.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Rent a car. Get an uber.

Today and tomorrow is gunna be historical out here. Places flooded that have never flooded ever out here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The area out here is so weird. Fashion Valley (about 5 minutes away) is flooded like crazy. But here in Serra Mesa its dry outside. Must be the fluctuations in altitude.:O

1 - 20 of 46 Posts