Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My nephew sent me this and said I should make one. After toying with the idea and taking into consideration the fact that I have a zx6 that would be perfect for this, I’m thinking I might do it. I looked at a few snowbike forums and a lot of people were saying that a 1000 is overkill for something like this because it just constantly spins the track and digs into the snow. They were also saying that around 100hp is the perfect amount of juice, which I’m assuming is why a lot of them use a turbo on a 450 (also because of riding at high elevation). Yes it will be heavier, but it will be far more reliable and cheaper to maintain. My only question is, would anyone see value in something like that? If I sink 3-4 grand into a track, a front end from a dirtbike, and all the bushings and machine work, could I turn around and sell it for 5-6,000? I mean every snow bike I look at for sale is basically listed at the price of the dirtbike plus the snow kit. My main fear is this ending up costing me a bunch of money that I will never see again. I mean I’ll probably destroy it, riding the piss out of it and it will end up being worth nothing anyway, but I was just curious if anyone would actually buy something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
If I had a pile of money sitting around and lived somewhere that it snowed, sure i guess. I would not buy one second hand though.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,789 Posts
That thing would climb hills like a beast

·
Registered
596 Posts
If snowmobiles are popular in your area id thing there is an interest in snow bikes. Looks like a lot of fun. Buuuuuut they are dangerous and could get you killed .............

No snow here - just rain, rain rain! Spent the last week in San Jose, great weather no rain. On the Garmin site there is a story about some guys that went riding their snow bikes and got stuck for 40 hours. Used Garmin for position and to send for help. I have an inReach Mini which is great but hope to never need it.

·
Sr. Penis Inspector
13,789 Posts
Montana, Wyoming, Northern Idaho, North Central Washington, Northern tier states.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts