Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey- to anyone who knows anything about the smog removal stuff-
I have a 2000 zx6, on which the smog components appear to be almost the exact same- but the fuel tank is giving me some trouble-

i feel like an idiot :banghead, because there's fuel in the tank and it simply doesnt come out. the original owner of the bike painted right over the color indicators, so i dont know which one is the "blue" one but then again I dont know if it even matters cause I've attempted to run it with both of them draining into a container (nothing came out at all :confused ) as well as with both of them plugged up.

anyone have any suggestions or comments?

also- does the tank have to be mounted to work? as in perfectly level with part of the fuels lines?

im pissed. my bike doesnt run cause im a moron... :banghead or should I say because im a poor moron haha

thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Some of the older devices has a second line which creates a vacuum from the intake manifold to operate the drain / supply line. If yours have two pipes, try sucking on the one and see what happens

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you're saying that it might be applying pressure to one of those ports to get it to come out the other way?

but it still wont come out when I have the stinkin' fuel door open!

it's driving me nuts...

thanks for the info

·
Registered
553 Posts
take the tank off and turn it upside down to get the fuel out.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well... i could do that, but I want the fuel to come out of the damn tank so that I can make sure my bike is cool to run without the pieces i removed... It's hooked up now (how I interpreted it from the howto's) and it's not lettin no gas go out the tank and through the pump ... so obviously i got something screwed up here... I'm hoping I didnt screw anything up- the backfires from trying to run it had smoke up at the front of the bike (wtf???)

ug.

thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts